IREX is now calling for applications for the Community Engagement Exchange program for young innovators to apply. This is a program that equips young people within the age of 20 – 27 with skills, expertise and resources they need to build their communities.
Do you want to be a part of the global network of innovators in this 21st century, apply now.
About Community Engagement Exchange (CEE)
The Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program is a dynamic global network of innovators working with communities to address critical 21st Century issues. CEE equips dedicated visionaries with the expertise, skills, and resources to develop multisector approaches and build healthy and engaged communities in over 100 countries.
In CEE, you will enjoy a transformational leadership development experience. Basically, CEE is a year-long program designed to enable civil society leaders; ages 20-27, to harness the power of networks, relationships, and information for the public good. It focuses specifically on issues relating to civic dialogue and peacebuilding; open and participatory government; women and gender; resilience and sustainable development; and youth engagement.
The fellowship will make up the following;
Three-month Fellowship in the United States: IREX will match CEE fellows to civil society organisations through the United States. Then, designated supervisors and peers to support the fellows through a three-month, hands-on professional fellowship.
Leadership and Civic Engagement Academy: CEE Fellows will explore the program themes through an interactive curriculum that includes; service learning, face-to-face training, mentorship, professional coaching, and inclusion in a global network.
Community Engagement Project (CEP): With the help of their U.S host organisation and mentors, as a CEE fellow, you will design and plan a community engagement project to carry out after you return home. Once you depart the U.S., you’ll put these projects into action in your home community.
Community Engagement Project (CEP) Exchange: Selected U.S. hosts and Global Leaders will travel to a CEE Alumnus’ country and work collaboratively to support your project implementation. Then, and bring back what they learn to strengthen communities across the United States or their home country.
Community Engagement Exchange Eligibility Criteria
CEE Program is merit-based. It is open to emerging civil society and community leaders who meet the criteria below; However, if you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be reviewed.
- You are between the age of 20 and 27 as of November 1, 2020
- Citizen of one of the eligible countries.
- You are living and working in your home country
- Individuals with refugee status working on behalf of their home community may be given special consideration
- You are working on a community engagement initiative in your home country, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, with a vision to pursue a career working to support civil society.
- You have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English at the time of application.
- Semifinalists will be required to take or submit recent scores for a TOEFL or IELTS English language test.
- You are available to travel to the U.S. for three months from October 2021 to January 2022.
- You commit to returning to your home country to complete a Community Engagement Project (CEP)
- Also, you are not a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. and have not applied for U.S permanent residency within the past three years.
- You are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa
- Applicants who have participated in an exchange program sponsored by the U.S Government must have fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement.
- You are committed to returning to your home country for a minimum of two years after completing the program and
- You are not a current IREX employee or consultant, or their immediate family member.
CEE will cover the cost of most expenses associated with:
- J-1 visa
- Round-trip travel from your home city to the U.S.
- Monthly allowance to cover your housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the U.S. and
- Accident and sickness insurance
Community Engagement Exchange Eligible Countries By Region
Below are the countries, whose citizen’s are eligible to apply;
- Africa: Angola Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- East Asia and the Pacific
- Europe and Eurasia
- Middle East and North Africa
- South and Central Asia
The deadline for application for the IREX Community Engagement Exchange Program is December 23, 2020. Do you have interest in this program and you’re eligible, apply now using this link; https://www.irex.org/program/community-engagement-exchange-program-application-information
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.