Jackie Appiah Agyemang is an award-winning Canadian born Ghanaian actress. She is a Ghanaian and a Canadian citizen. The beautiful actress is known for her acting prowess and is known beyond Ghana.
See Also: Resources that will help you start, market and grow a sustainable business.
Jackie Appiah Background
Jackie was born on the 5th of December 1983 in Toronto, Canada, to Janet Owusu and George Appiah as the last of five children. She went to primary school at the Derry down Public School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and moved to Ghana afterward for her high school education.
While at Derry down, Jackie showed interest in acting. As such, she was always part of every end of the year school play. In 1995, Jackie relocated to Ghana to live with her elder sister and enrolled in Faith Montessori, Accra. She later left Faith Montessori and moved to Achimota Preparatory School.
Jackie was the Girls’ Entertainment prefect at Achimota Preparatory School, and this increased her passion for art. At the time, Jackie auditioned for the Hal Jackson Talent Teens Show to perform at the famous Apollo Theatre. Fortunately, she emerged as the first runner-up of the talent show. Jackie also studied General Arts at Harvard College, Accra. She married Peter Agyemang, and they are blessed with a son.
Jackie Appiah Career
After her studies at Achimota Preparatory in 2001, Edward Seddoh Junior (writer of a new television series- Things We Do for Love) invited her to be one of the casts of the Tv series. She accepted the invite and played the role of Enyonam Blagogee. Jackie interpreted her role well and earned the affection of viewers across Ghana. The Tv series aired for three years before it came to an end.
Jackie’s first movie was in 2004 with the movie – Divine Love. It was a Jayke Aernan movie that featured Majid Michael and Van Vicker. Jackie’s exploits in the movie industry went beyond the shores of Ghana in 2007 when she featured in a Nollywood movie – Sleep Walker. Nollywood stars like Genevieve Nnaji and Ramsey Noah were also present in the movie.
Jackie’s popularity spread beyond the shores of Africa in 2012 when she featured in Turning Point – a Hollywood and Nollywood drama film. The film was written and directed by Niyi Towolawi. Jackie acted in this movie alongside K.D. Aubert, Todd Bridges, Ernie Hudson, Patience Ozokwor. Thus far, Jackie Appiah’s acting prowess has earned her several awards and nominations in Ghana, Africa, and the diaspora.
Jackie Appiah’s Filmography
2001 – 2009
- Thing We Do For Love (Tv series) – 2001
- Divine Love – 2004
- Beyoncé – The President Daughter – 2006
- The Return of Beyoncé – 2006
- Mummy’s Daughter – 2006
- Run Baby Run – 2007
- The Love Doctor – 2007
- Royal Battle – 2007
- Princess Tyra – 2007
- The Prince’s Bride – 2007
- Fake Feelings – 2007
- Wind of Love – 2008
- Passion of the Soul – 2008
- Blindfold – 2008
- The Heart of Men – 2009
- The King is Mine – 2009
- Virginity – 2009
- The Perfect Picture – 2009
- Prince of the Niger – 2009
- My Last Wedding – 2009
- Love Games – 2009
- A Cry for Justice – 2010
- 4 Play – 2010
- 4 Play Reloaded – 2010
- Behind The Ring – 2010
- Turn Me On – 2010
2010 – 2019
- Chasing Hope – 2011
- Death after Birth – 2011
- Tears of Womanhood – 2012
- Mystery Beads – 2012
- Dream Walker – 2013
- Stigma – 2013
- Cheaters – 2013
- Don’t Play That Game – 2014
- Faithful Sin – 2015
- Daughters of the Yellow Sun – 2015
- Still Standing – 2015
- Spirit of a Dancer – 2016
- Candle in the Wind – 2016
- Walking Away – 2016
- Celebrity Marriage – 2017
- Deep Fever – 2017
- Kakalika Love – 2019
See Also: 100 Profitable business ideas to start now that will make millions for aspiring entrepreneurs and investors.
Jackie Appiah’s Endorsements
- Jackie Appiah featured in a commercial on protection against HIV/AIDS by the Ghana Social Marketing Foundation (GSMF).
- She is an ambassador for Intercom Programming & Manufacturing Co. Ltd – IPMC, Ghana.
- UB Hair Relaxer endorsed Jackie Appiah as an ambassador to promote its product.
- She is also an ambassador of Class Perfumes.
- Jackie Appiah is one of the celebrity ambassadors of Globacom Telecommunications.
Jackie Appiah Quotes
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.”
“Every moment is a fresh beginning.”
“If you’re walking down the right path eventually you’ll make progress.”
“Remember Why You Started.”
“Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul.”
“There is no Elevator to Success u have to take the STAIRS.”
“Talk less smile more.”
“Smile to the future and it will smile back to you.”
“Never Compare Yourself To Anyone, Except The Previous YOU.”
Awards And Nominations Of Jackie Appiah
- Africa Movie Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actress in the movie – Beyoncé: The President’s Daughter – 2007
- Best Actress Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards – 2007
- Ghana Movie Awards for Best Actress – 2010
- City People Entertainment Awards for the Best Ghanaian Actress – 2010
- Ghana Movie Awards nominee for the Best Actress Leading Role (English) – 2011
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards for the Pan African Actress of the Year – 2011
- Ghana Movie Awards nominee for the Best Actress Leading Role – 2012
- Performing Arts Awards at the Ghana National Youth Achievers Awards – 2012
- African Women of Worth awards for Best Actress – 2012
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards for the Best Actress In Drama – 2013
- Ghana Movie Awards for the Best Actress Leading role – 2013
- Glitz Magazine award for Favorite Actress – 2013
- NAFCA award for the Best Actress Diaspora for the movie – Turning Point – 2013
- Pyprus Magazine Screen Actors Awards for the Best International Actress – 2013
- Achievement in Africa Entertainment by the F.A.C.E List Awards (USA) – 2013
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards for the Best Actress Comedy Role for the movie – Cheaters – 2014
- Ghana Movie Awards nominee for the Best Actress Leading Role for the movie – Sisters At War – 2014
- Nominated at the Ghana Movie Awards for Favorite Actress – 2014
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards nominee for the Best Actress in Comedy – 2015
- Ghana Movie Awards nominee for Favorite Actress – 2015
See Also: Business funding opportunities for aspiring entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in Nigeria.
Net Worth Of Jackie Appiah
According to austinemedia.com, Jackie Appiah’s net worth is estimated at $800,000.
Life Lesson from Jackie Appiah
Let your light shine wherever you go. Do not ever be afraid to showcase your talent or abilities. By overcoming your fears and showcasing your talent, your breakthrough will come faster. This is evident in the life of Jackie Appiah.
See Also: Young entrepreneurs across different industries in Nigeria and their entrepreneurial journey.
As entrepreneurs, never be afraid to put your best foot forward. You never know from whence you would get your breakthrough. Go all out on your entrepreneurial journey. Success is closer than you imagined.
Are you doing something amazing in the entrepreneurial space and you want the world to hear about it? Reach out to us to tell your story
Image Credit: @jackieappiah (Instagram)