Nathaniel Bassey is a gospel music artist, a songwriter, and a music producer, who is also an instrumentalist. He is also a youth pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG). He is the convener of the popular Halleluyah Challenge that is followed by a multitude of Christians, home and abroad.
See Also: Biography and lifestyle of TY Bello
Nathaniel Bassey Background
Nathaniel Bassey was born on the 27th of August 1978, to Mr and Mrs Bassey in Lagos State, though he hail from Ikot Ofon Ikono, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria. His father, Mr Joshua Bassey was a Pastor of the Apostolic Church, Bashua Assembly, who he led a devout christian home. Bassey is married to Sarah Bassey, and they are blessed with two lovely children.
Nathaniel Bassey Education
Nathaniel Bassey had his primary and secondary education in Lagos, Nigeria. Also, he had part of his undergraduate studies at the University of Lagos (Unilag), where he studied Urban and Regional Planning for 2years.
While at Unilag, Nathaniel Bassey gained admission to study Politics and International Relations at the University of London, so he relocated to London to further his studies. Afterwards, he went on to Middlesex University Summer School where he took some music courses, which included popular music and music business.
Nathaniel Bassey Music Career
Nathaniel Bassey started his music ministry in 1993. He grew up listening to lots of instrumentals, highlife, Jazz, to Rex Lawson, Louis Armstrong, Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davies, etc.
While growing up, Nathaniel wanted to be a super Jazz musician doing Afrocentric, Jazz, highlife etc. As a result, he went about playing Jazz with his trumpet at parties and clubs, until his life narrative changed.
It had always been about the music for him until he got born again and had an encounter with God. It stopped being about the music, and it became all about knowing God, with the music as an instrument and a platform to show forth God’s love.
See Also: Biography, songs and net worth of Bovi
Nathaniel Bassey’s Albums
- Someone’s at The Door – 2010
- Son of God and Imela – 2014
- This God Is Too Good – 2016
- Revival Flames – 2017
- Jesus: The Resurrection and the Life – 2018
Nathaniel Bassey’s Singles
2010 – 2014
- Emi mimo in the album Someone’s at The Door
- Book of life in the album Someone’s at The Door
- Elohim in the album Someone’s at The Door
- Imela featuring Enitan Adaba in the album Son of God and Imela
- No other God featuring Lovesong in the album Son of God and Imela
- I know you are here in the album Son of God and Imela
- Take your Glory in the album Son of God and Imela
- Casting Crowns in the album Son of God and Imela
- You deserve the glory/No one in the album Son of God and Imela
- We bless your Name in the album Son of God and Imela
- I believe in You in the album Son of God and Imela
2016 – 2018
- Onise Iyanu featuring Micah Stampleyin the album This God is too Good
- You are God featuring Chigozie Achugo in the album This God is too Good
- Wonderful wonder featuring Lovesong in the album This God is too Good
- This God is too Good featuring Micah Stampley in the album This God is too Good
- Like a Symphony featuring Jumoke Oshoboke, Unwana Bassey in the album This God is too Good
- The Champion featuring Joe Mettle in the album This God is too Good
- Hallelujah Eh in the album Revival Flames
- Alagbada Ina featuring Victoria Orenze in the album Revival Flames
- Abba Father in the album Revival Flames
- Elshaddai featuring Olumide Iyun in the album Revival Flames
- Incredible love in the album Revival Flames
- Awamaridi featuring Tomi Favored, Tope Alabi in the album Jesus: The Resurrection and the Life
- Strong Tower featuring Glenn Gwazai in the album Jesus: The Resurrection and the Life
- Resurrection and the Life featuring Olumide Iyun in the album Jesus: The Resurrection and the Life
- Great Jehovah Great I am in the album Jesus: The Resurrection and the Life
- Amen Chant in the album Jesus: The Resurrection and the Life
- Kore Enye Fonde (For He Is Good) featuring Eno Micheal Jesus: The Resurrection and the Life
Quotes Of Nathaniel Bassey
”Dear young minister, believe me, no matter how anointed, and gifted you are, having a good pastor over you is priceless.”
“…We tend to look for value in the size and volume of external possessions rather than seeing our value from our location, CHRIST!”
“The pressure to be relevant, if not dealt with, may drive you to do things that are NOT RELEVANT, thereby making you IRRELEVANT.”
“What do you do in the face of a setback, NEVER LOSE YOUR CALM, AND YOUR PRAISE! Be grateful.”
“Depression is a sign that there is an illegal occupant in the space of your mind. Evict it with your praise.”
“More popular does not necessarily mean better.”
“The same way you can listen to a song, and be inspired and lifted. You can listen to another and be depressed/defiled…”
See Also: Biography and net worth of Waje
Awards And Nominations Of Nathaniel Bassey
- City People Music Award for Gospel Artiste of the Year – 2017
- Best Gospel Artist at the Africa Muzik Magazine Awards & Music Festival Awards (AFRIMMA) – 2017
- Jesus the Resurrection and Life was nominated for Album of Excellence at the African Gospel Music Awards (AGMMA) – 2019
- Artist of the Year nominee by the Crystal Gospel Awards – 2019
Life Lesson From Nathaniel Bassey
In all you do, always remember to put God first above all, and he would help you make sound decisions.
Image Credit: @nathanielblow (Instagram), buzznigeria.com, hotsta.org, gospelminds.org