About the Competition
The UBA Foundation National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria, is organised annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which aims to promote the reading culture and encourage healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
“ASUU Strikes have often cost Nigerian students time. Advise the Nigerian government on how they can reach an agreement with ASUU to improve tertiary education in the country”.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Must be in Senior Secondary school
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a scanned copy of a means of identification (birth certificate, National ID, or passport)
How to Apply
- Applicant must submit their valid contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address, and Email Address).
- Applicants must upload a scanned copy of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Applicants must upload a handwritten essay on the portal.
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Awards
- Winner: N5 million educational grant to any African University of their choice.
- 1st Runner-up: N3 million educational grants to any African University.
- 2nd runner-up: N2.5 million educational grants to any African University.
About UBA Foundation
United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC, Africa’s global bank, is committed to being a socially responsible company and role model for all businesses in Africa. As the Corporate Social Responsibility arm of the UBA Group, UBA Foundation is committed to the socio-economic betterment of the communities in which the bank operates, focusing on development in the areas of Education, Environment, Economic Empowerment and Special Projects. The UBA Foundation was incorporated in January 2004.