How would you like to attend the ReelSkills for Agribusiness training held in Lagos? R4A organised the program to train and match young Nigerians with the technical and soft skills required by SMEs in Nigeria’s agri-processing sector.
R4A’s intention is to 1,000 youths over three years, of which 60% will be women. And at least 800 of the young Nigerians trained will be matched to a job in the agri-processing sector.
The ReelSkills for Agribusiness program is free and requires no fees. This is because, Netherlands Government under the Challenge Funds for Youths Employment (CFYE), funds the program.
The Program Tracks
R4A training comes in two tracks. You can choose from either one:
The training will include food processing, courses in food safety and NAFDAC requirement. Also, a blend of in-class and factory training to prepare candidates for work in an agri-processing factory.
Digital Sales and Marketing Track
It will include courses in customer service and social selling. Also, it will cover training in the tools and methods of sales and marketing to prepare candidates to work in sales and marketing roles within the agri-processing sector.
Who Can Apply For ReelSkills For Agribusiness Training?
- Young Nigerians between the ages of 18 to 35 can apply for the training
- Be unemployed or self-employed
- Have a minimum of an SSCE certificate for the Processing track
- Have a minimum of an OND certificate for the Digital Marketing and Sales track
- Reside in Lagos or its environs
- Be able to dedicate 5 weekdays for training at Yaba, Lagos
- Applicants must have an interest in agri-processing
Training will commence in batches. While candidates will be chosen on an ongoing basis for each batch. Also, applicants will be assigned to the next cohort once a batch has reached its maximum number.
There is no stipulated timeline for application.