Taylor Swift is an American singer and a song writer. She is known for her ballad style of singing about her personal life. She was born and breed in Reading, Pennsylvania before moving to Nashville, Tennessee, US to pursue her career in country music at age 14. In 2009, Taylor became the youngest to win the Album of the Year, and she is regarded as one of the best-selling music artists in the world.
Taylor Swift Background
Taylor Alison Swift was born on 13th Dec. 1989, to Scott Swift and Andrea Swift at Reading, Pennsylvania, US. Her father Scott, was a stock broker for Merrill Lynch, and her mother Andrea, a home maker who was also a mutual fund marketing executive.
Taylor Swift Education
Taylor attended the Alvernia Montessori School, then moved to the Wyndcroft School. Then to Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School after the family relocated to Wyomissing, Pennsylvania.
When she was 14, her father transferred to Nashville office of Merrill Lynch and the family relocated to Hendersonville, Tennessee just to help Taylor break into country music. There, she attended the Hendersonville High School, and later transferred to Aaron Academy. Aaron Academy accommodated her touring schedule through homeschooling and she even graduated a year early. Swift has a younger brother Austin, and he is an Actor.
Taylor Swift Early Life
Early enough, Taylor developed interest in country music and song writing. She was supported by her family who relocated to Hendersonville, Tennessee, in order for her to pursue her musical career. In 2005, her career kick-started with a deal in an American Independent record label, Big Machine Records.
Taylor Swift Songs
Summarily, Taylor Swift has released 6 studio albums, 4 live albums, 4 video albums, 44 music albums, 2 extended plays, 53 singles and 17 promotional singles. Below are detailed information about her studio albums with their singles.
First Studio Album
At age 16, Taylor Swift released a self-titled album in Oct. 2006 with the Big Machine Records. Five singles were released from this album with music record certification by Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The singles include: Tim McGraw (2006), Tear drops on my Guitar (2007), Our Song (2007), Picture to Burn (2008), and Should’ve said no (2008).
The lyrics is about Taylor’s observation of a romantic relationship before getting into one. It also involves her personal struggles in high school, with a Country Music style. The album launched debut her career and was successful in US, Canada, Australia and UK. It was awarded the Album of the Year by the Academy of Country Music in 2008.
Taylor Swift released ‘fearless’, her second studio album in Nov. 2008, under the Big Machine Records. Fearless became the best-selling album in US in 2009, with over 3.2 million copies sold. Taylor co-produced it with Nathan Chapman, her demo producer. It has five singles: Love Story (2008), White Horse (2008), You belong to me (2009), Fifteen (2009), and Fearless (2010). After releasing this album, she became the youngest artist with the year’s best-selling album.
In Dec. 2017, the album became the 121st to achieve a diamond certification in the US. In 2009, it won the Canadian Country Association Award, Country Music Association Award, Academy of Country Music Award, The America Music Award, and the Teen Choice Awards. In 2010, the album won the Grammy, and the Canadian Country music.
Her third studio album was released on Oct. 25, 2010 by Big Machine Records. Also produced by Nathan Chapman, but this time, the songs were entirely written by Swift. The album was an expansion of her country pop style with lyrical theme on love, romance and heartbreak.
With platinum certification from Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), it released six singles. They are: Mine (2010), Back to December (2010), Mean (2011), The Story of us (2011), Sparks Fly (2011), and Ours (2011).
In 2010, the album was recognised by the Guinness World Records. It also won the American Music Awards, Bill Board Awards, and Canadian Country Music Awards in 2011. According to Rolling Stone List, Speak Now became the 45th on the 50 best female albums of all time, in 2012.
Red, Taylor Swift’s fourth studio album was released in Oct. 12, 2012, by the Big Machine Records. The lyrics was a description of Swift emotion as ‘red’ as a result of her intense and tumultuous experience while conceiving the album. It topped the album charts in Canada, Australia, Ireland, UK, New Zealand, and other music markets.
It became the second global best-selling album in 2012, selling over 5.2 million copies according to the International Federation of Phonographic Industry (IFPI). The album has a platinum certification from Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
It has 7 singles – We are never getting back together (2012), Begin Again (2012), I Knew you were Troubled (2012), 22 (2013), Everything has changed (2013), and The Last Time (2013).
Some of the Awards received in recognition of the album include: American Music Award, Billboard Music Award, Canadian Country Music Award, and the Telehit Awards in 2013. It also received the Country Music Award of Australia, and the World Music Awards in 2014.
Taylor Swift fifth studio album was released in Oct. 27, 2014 by Big Machine Records. She started writing 1989 in mid 2013, during the tour of Red album. As usual, 1989 reflects past romantic relationship with matured and wistful perspective, and expression of self-discovery.
It charted number one in Australia, Canada, UK, and several music markets. It has seven singles which includes; Shake it off (2014), Blank Space (2014), Style (2015), Bad Blood (2015), Wildest Dreams (2015), Out of Woods (2016), and New Romantics (2016). The album received American Music Award (2015), and iHeart Radio Music Awards (2016).
Reputation, Taylor Swift’s sixth studio album was released on Nov. 10, 2017 through Big Machine Records. It featured Ed-sheeran, English Singer-song writer, and Future, an American rapper.
The album has 7 singles – Look What You Made Me do (2017), Ready For It (2017), End Game (2017), New Year’s Day (2017), Gorgeous (2015), Delicate (2018) and Getaway Car (2018). The album won A21M Libera Award, American Music Award, Bill Board Music Awards, and Japan Gold Disc Awards in 2018. Its lyrics followed electro pop, and pop genre. Universally, the album became the second best-selling in 2017.
Lover is the upcoming seventh studio album scheduled for release in August 2019, under the Republic Records. Currently, two singles have been released from the album which are Me! ( April 26, 2019), and You Need To Calm Down (June 14, 2019). On June 13, through a live stream on Instagram, Swift described the album as a romantic one.
Taylor Swift Net Worth
According to Forbes in 2019, Taylor Swift’s net worth is $360 million. She is one of the American self-made women.
Taylor Swift Philanthropic Contributions
- She Launched a campaign in partnership with the Tennessee Association of chiefs of Police to protect children from online predators in 2007.
- Donated $100,000 to Red Cross to help the victims of the Iowa flood of 2008.
- Recorded Public Service Announcement on the importance of listening responsibly to prevent hearing impairment in 2009.
- Donated $75,000 to refurbish Nashville’s Hendersonville High School auditorium in 2010.
- Donated $500,000 during a telethon for the Tennessee floods, 2010.
- Gave $25,000 to St. Jude Children’s Research hospital, Tennessee in 2011.
- Participated in the stand up to cancer telethon, with proceeds donated to charities addressing cancer in 2012.
- Pledged $4 million towards building an education center at Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville in 2012.
- Supported Architecture for Humanity’s Restore the Shore on MTV telethon after the hurricane sandy, 2012.
- Gave $100,000 to the V Foundation for Cancer Research and $50,000 to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in 2014.
- Donated to Louisiana flood relief and Dolly Parton Fire Fund, 2016.
- Donated to Rape, Abuse & Incent National Network (RAINN) to support Sexual Assault Awareness Month, 2018.
For her love for children’s literacy, Swift donated
- $250,000 to schools around the country for educational improvement in 2009.
- 6000 scholastic books to Reading public library, Pennsylvania.
- 14,000 books to Nashville public library, Tennessee.
- 2000 scholastic books to the Reading Hospital child health center for early literacy program.
- $60,000 in partnership with Chegg (a textbook rental company) to the music departments of Six US colleges, 2012.
- 25000 books to New York City schools, 2015
Taylor Swift also donated auctionable items to charities such as;
- Elton John AIDS Foundation
- The UNICEF Tap Project
- Musicares Foundation
- Feeding America
Taylor Swift Awards and Achievements
Taylor Swift has been nominated for several awards. She won 338 awards from over 588 nominations. Some of them include;
- Songwriter/artist of the year by Nashville Songwriters Association, 2007
- Artist of the Year, by American Music Award, 2009
- Best Female Video, 2009
- Entertainer of the Year, 2009
- 100 most Influential People, Time 2010.
- Song writers Hall of Fame, 2010
- Icon of America Style by Vogue 2011
- Do Something Music Award, 2012
- Woman of the year, Bill Board Women in Music 2011 & 2014.
- Person of the Year, Time 2014
- Top Earning Women in Music, Forbes 2011-2015
- International Artist of the year, BBC Awards 2015
- 1st on Hot 100 list, Maxim 2015
- 100 Greatest songwriters of All Time in Rolling Stone 2015
- Youngest in 100 most Powerful Women, Forbes 2015
- 1st on the 100 highest paid celebrities, Forbes 2016
- The Taylor Swift Award by BMI pop awards 2016
- Artist of the Year, American Music Awards (AMA) 2018
- Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist, American Music Awards (AMA) 2018
- Favorite Pop/Rock Album, American Music Awards (AMA) 2018
- Woman of the Year, Elle Style Awards 2018
- 68th Power Women, Forbes 2018
- 21st on Celebrity 100, Forbes 2018
- Most influential Person on Twitter, 2018
- Tour of the year for her reputation stadium tour 2018.
- 100th Most Influential People, Time 2010, 2015 & 2019
- 60th America’s self-made women, Forbes 2019
Taylor Swift Quotes
“No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.”
“I think fearless is having fears but jumping anyway.”
At some point, you grow out of being attracted to that flame that burns you over and over and over again.”
“When you hear people making hateful comments, stand up to them. Point out what a waste it is to hate, and you could open their eyes.”
“In my opinion, the only way to conquer stage fright is to get up on stage and play. Every time you play another show, it gets better and better.”
“There are no rules when it comes to love.”
“Songs for me are like a message in a bottle. You send them out to the world, and maybe the person who you feel that way about will hear about it someday.”
Silence speaks so much louder than screaming tantrums. Never give anyone an excuse to say that you’re crazy.”
“Even if you’re happy with the life you’ve chosen, you’re still curious about the other options.”
“We don’t need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful.”