The ITF-NECA through its technical skills development project (TSDP) is currently receiving applications from students for a 6-months training in Information and Communication Technology. This is an opportunity if you are passionate about having a career in ICT.
About The Technical Skills Development Project (TSDP)
The project is a joint initiative of the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) and Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Associaton (NECA). It is designed to promote the availability of middle-level manpower with the appropriate technical and vocational skills to meet the identified needs of industries in Nigeria.
It is a training institution that provides empowerment in the following skill areas:
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Machining and Pipe-fitting (Plumbing)
- Welding & Fabrication
- Production Welding
- Maintenance Welding
- Electrical & Electronics Maintenance
- Auto Mechanics/Mechatronics
- Instrumentation – Automation and Process Control
- Building Construction
- Agric and Agro-Allied
The aim of the initiative is to do the following;
- Provide employable skills to trainees in order to meet the middle-level manpower to the industry in specific trade areas.
- Promote a public-private partnership model in technical & vocational skills training and
- Prepare trainees for life-after-school by empowering them with entrepreneurial skills for creation.
Benefit Of The Technical Skill Development Project Training 2020
The training comes with the following benefits;
- You will receive a globally recognized certification programme in computer and internet proficiency for employability.
- You will be skilled in the critical competencies in Information and Communication Technology required to create wealth and be self-employed.
- Empowered with in-depth mentorship opportunities to become entrepreneurs capable of starting and running a sustainable technology-based business.
- Will enjoy free tuition, lunch, and stipend.
However, the program is non-residential, so you will, therefore, be responsible for your accommodation throughout the duration of the program.
You are eligible if you meet the following requirement;
- Good numerical ability and fluency in communication
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
- You have a passion for exploring the ICT world as a career.
- Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE)
How To Apply For Technical Skill Development Project Training 2020
If you meet the above requirements, you can send your current CVs, photocopies of credentials, and a well written application letter to email@example.com.
Then, if you are selected for the interview, you should take along the following document when attending the interview;
- 2 passport-sized photographs
- Original Birth Certificate
- Educational Qualification Certificate (s)
- Original and Photocopy of National ID, Voter’s Card, or International Passport.
The application for the ITF – NECA Technical Skills Development Project (TSDP) 2020 closes on July 6th, 2020. So, if you are passionate about a career in Information and Communication Technology, apply through this email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram