Tonto Dikeh Background
Tonto Charity Dikeh was born on the 9th of June 1985, to Mr. Sunny Dikeh and Mrs. Veronica Dikeh as the third of five children. She hails from Ikwerre descent in Obio Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State. Tonto lost her mum when she was 3years old, so her stepmother raised her and her siblings.
She grew up in Port Harcourt and obtained a BSc in petrochemical engineering from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology. She got married to Oladunni Churchill in August 2015. The marriage produced a son; Andre Omodayo Churchill but the couple divorced in 2017.
Tonto Dikeh Career
Tonto Charity Dikeh’s journey in the Nigerian entertainment industry started in 2006 after she took part in a reality Tv show – The Next Movie Star in 2005. Before then, she used to be a car dealer in Port Harcourt.
At some point in her acting career, Amaco Investments featured her with Patience Ozokwor in a music video. It was after the video that she released her music debut with two singles Hi and Itz Ova. After that, a popular Nigerian singer – D’Banj signed her to his record label – DB Records, on the 13th of June 2014. She left DB records in March 2015, because she decided to explore other business ventures.
Tonto Dikeh’s Music Singles
- Hi – 2012
- Itz Ova – 2012
- Crazically Fit (featuring Terry G) – 2012
- Jeje – 2013
- Sheba (featuring Solid Star) – 2013
- Ekebe – 2014
- Sugar Rush (featuring D’banj) – 2015
Tonto Dikeh’s Movies
- Last Mission
- Secret Mission
- Rush Hour
- Fatal Mistake
- Family Disgrace
- Miss Maradonna
- Mortal Desire
2006 – 2008
- Tea or Coffee – 2006
- Pounds and Dollars – 2006
- Missing Rib – 2007
- Final Hour – 2007
- Divine Grace – 2007
- 7 Graves – 2007
- Crisis in Paradise – 2007
- Insecurity – 2007
- Away Match – 2007
- Games Fools Play – 2007
- The Plain Truth – 2008
- Love my Way – 2008
- Before the Fall – 2008
- Total Love – 2008
- Strength to Strength – 2008
2009 – 2014
- Missing Child – 2009
- Native Son – 2009
- Dangerous Beauty – 2009
- My Fantasy – 2010
- Pleasure and Crime – 2010
- Ropes of Faith – 2010
- Dirty Secret – 2010
- Ropes of Faith – 2010
- Blackberry Babes Re-loaded – 2012
- Criminal Widow 1 – 2013
- The Criminal Widow 2 – 2013
- Terror of a Widow 1 – 2013
- The Terror of a Widow 2 – 2013
- Battle of the Queens – 2014
- Throne of War – 2014
Endorsements Of Tonto Dikeh
- Zikel Cosmetics signed a N100 million deal with Tonto Dikeh as an ambassador of their makeup brand in Africa on the 23rd of May 2019.
- She is an ambassador of Amstel Malt.
- Tonto is an ambassador of Sapphire Scents.
- She is an ambassador for the largest Chinese Restaurant in Sub Sahara Africa – Silk Road Restaurant.
Tonto Dikeh Foundation
Tonto Dikeh established the NGO – Tonto Dikeh Foundation in the year 2000. She started the foundation because she has a passion to enhance the standard of living of underprivileged and displaced women, girls, youths, and children in Africa, regardless of their political, religious and cultural differences.
The foundation also intends to constantly organize sensitization programs and symposium discussions on issues concerning women, rape, empowerment, climate change and child right. Thus far, the foundation has assisted 6983 people with scholarships and healthcare provision. The foundation is also involved with gender advocacy.
Tonto Dikeh’s Quotes
“Being happy never goes out of style.”
“Nothing happens until the pain of remaining the same outweighs the pain of change.”
“Feed the body that works the money…”
“Happiness isn’t a state of the mind. It’s the mind!!!”
“Nobody watches you harder than the one who can’t stand to see you succeed.”
“Life has taught me that happiness is free.”
“Let nothing hold you back from creating the life you’ve always wanted.”
Awards And Recognitions Of Tonto Dikeh
- Nominated for BON Awards – 2012
- Afro Hollywood Awards nominated her for Best Actress (English language film) category – 2012
- Future Awards Nominee for Actor of the year – 2012
- Best Actress of the Year at ELOY Awards – 2013
- Nominee at the City People Movie Award for Best Actress of the Year (English) – 2014
- Best Actress Award by Peace Ambassador Awards – 2016
- Nominee for the South-South Progressive awards – 2016
- Nominated for the GAB Special Recognition Awards in The Arts category – 2016
- Humanitarian ambassador of the year nominee at the Starrz Awards – 2017
- Nominated for Her Network Woman of the Year (HNWOTY) Awards – 2018
- Social Media honours the Tonto Dike Foundation with the Social Good Awards – 2019
- J-KRUE Awards nominated Tonto Dikeh Foundation for the Humanitarian Foundation of the Year – 2019
- Award of Excellence for Female Activist of the Year by QOEN – 2019
Net Worth Of Tonto Dikeh
According to austinmedia.com, Tonto Dikeh is worth $1million.
Life Lesson From Tonto Dikeh
Tonto Dikeh is one of the actress who has developed a thick skin in the industry. She does not let critics stop her from shining and living her dreams.
As an entrepreneur, you need to be strong. Don’t let anyone’s opinion disrupt your success. Learn to live above people’s opinion, learn to focus on your goal, and build your empire.
Despite all the challenges Tonto Dikeh has faced and keeps facing, she has never allowed it to stop her from succeeding. Today, she is a giant in the Nollywood industry and has made millions of dollars from brand endorsement deals. Meanwhile, her NGO – Tonto Dikeh Foundation is doing admirably well.
The result for hard work and focusing on your hustle is always success. So keep pushing!
Entrepreneurs.ng will give your business the visibility, and position your brand as the preferred choice. Contact us today to have access to our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.
Image Credit: @tontodikeofficialfanpage