The Vital Voices (VV) GROW Fellowship is a leading global accelerator for women owners of purpose-driven, small and medium-sized businesses with both purpose and profit growth goals. The program elevates women entrepreneurs as drivers of economic growth and social change by supporting them to grow their businesses and social impact. Vital Voices works with these leaders to address key obstacles to growth. And also enhance their leadership and management skills through customized leadership and business training, technical assistance, and access to networks.
The VV GROW Fellowship is a 10-month virtual programme that fosters growth and skills advancement in strategic planning. And also in financial management, marketing and sales, strategic networking, leadership, human resources, and communications. This is to support women entrepreneurs in creating a holistic, sustainable foundation for which their vision and impact can grow.
Benefits of the Vital Voices GROW Fellowship
Through the VV GROW fellowship you will:
- Have gained new-found confidence in your ability to lead, as well as in your business’s ability to thrive.
- Have a framework for measuring your organization’s impact which can be used to measure your performance. It can also be engaged in marketing and in securing investors for your business.
- Be empowered with the knowledge and tools to evaluate and identify opportunities for growth in business and leadership.
- Have strengthened resiliency and ability to navigate change, and contingency planning strategies. You also need to develop approaches to guard against future economic or other shocks.
- Have knowledge in how to leverage the Vital Voices network of alumnae, partners, and supporters to provide access to unique and high-impact opportunities to further your own leadership and business impact.
- Understand how to strengthen network connections and engage partners to provide insight and support to you and your business
- Applicant is a woman
- Applicant owns and leads a for-profit business that leads a purpose-driven business that offers innovative solutions to the world’s greatest challenges and/or advances the Sustainable Development Goals (https://sdgs.un.org/goals).
- Applicant holds a key leadership and management role with decision-making authority in the business.
- Applicant’s business is beyond the startup phase, meaning they have proven their business model and product/service, they have a committed customer base, and the business is carrying out marketing activities.
- Applicant’s business at least breaks even in terms of annual revenue.
- Applicant has at least 1 full-time employee (inclusive of self).
- Applicant is proficient in spoken and written English.
- Know their mission and the impact they want to have and are motivated to make a positive impact.
- Have proven their business product/service through a baseline of sales and is now read y to move past the roller-coaster of starting up and hanging on by a thread, to build out a sustainable model and functioning team.
- Are enthusiastic about participating in this program and joining VV global network.
- Are excited about the opportunity to collaborate with and support other leaders in the program cohort.
- Do not plan to exit their business within the next 5 years.
- If an applicant is involved in more than one business, the requirement criteria above must apply to the business that the applicant would like to focus on during the fellowship.
Participation Cost and Scholarship
If accepted into the program, there is a participation fee of US $1,500. Payment plans and need-based scholarships will be available.
If you are interested in being considered for a scholarship, please select “Apply for a scholarship” and answer the corresponding questions. Successful applicants will be informed of the result of their scholarship application upon notification of program acceptance.
Additional information about the participation fee will be provided upon the completion of your application.
See also, Apply for AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria.