Submission of entries for the 2021 Commonwealth Youth Awards for exceptional young people to win prestigious titles and cash grants is currently ongoing. This award recognises and reward young people whose work has made a major impact on people and communities in their country.
See Also: IKapture Award 2020 For 25 Under 25 Young Leaders Changing The Game In Nigeria
About The 2021 Commonwealth Youth Awards
The Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work 2021 aim to raise the profile of young people and highlight the contribution they are making towards developing a fairer, sustainable, peaceful, and prosperous future for the Commonwealth. It gives international, regional, and national recognition and support to young men and women who have demonstrated young people’s capacity and potential to make positive contributions to their communities, nations and the world at large.
Generally, young people are not passive beneficiaries of development and spectators to program and of policies that affect their development; but rather are integrally involved in the process of change. They continue to work side by side with decision-makers as key actors and stakeholders contributing to national development.
Hence, the young people who will receive this award should demonstrate measurable/tangible impact through their development work.
See Also: Enygma Ventures Shift Fund For Entrepreneurs Rebuilding The World – Apply Now
Objectives Of The Awards
The main objectives of the Commonwealth Youth Awards are to;
- Highlight the contribution young people are making to promote the common goal of a future built on; fairness, peace, prosperity, and sustainability and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Acknowledge the outstanding contributions made by young people to the overall development and democracy goals in the Commonwealth;
- Create an environment which will encourage and sustain investments in youth-led development;
- Illustrate the depth and breadth of talent, commitment, and creativity that exists among young people across the Commonwealth by highlighting nominees’ success stories;
- Motivate, encourage and challenge young people (aged 15-29) to set high standards for their work/service at the community, national, regional or international levels;
- Also, special recognition will be given this year to development efforts in the context of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
See Also: Design Business Ideas You Can Start In Nigeria
2021 Commonwealth Youth Awards Eligibility Criteria
The following are the nomination requirements;
- As a nominee, you must have been engaged in development work for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- Must be a Commonwealth citizen and the development work must be taking place in a Commonwealth member country;
- Not older than 29 on 31 December 2020;
- You can nominate yourself or be nominated by someone who can accurately describe their development work.
- As winners, you must agree to take part in publicity generated by the Commonwealth.
Awards will be decided on the basis of:
- Level of Impact;
- Level of innovation/fresh approaches to problem-solving;
- Quality of achievement;
- Quality of the evidence provided.
See Also: State Of Youth-Led Innovation In Education Report 2020 – Apply Now
How It Works
Awards Process include;
- First, there will be five finalists per Commonwealth region with the top entry receiving the Regional Winner Award. And the overall top regional winner receiving the Pan-Commonwealth Award and be named the Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2021.
- Then, the 20 Regional Finalists will each receive a £1,000 grant, a trophy, and a certificate.
- The 5 Regional Winners will receive an additional £2,000 (a total of £3,000) a trophy and a certificate.
- The Pan-Commonwealth Winner will receive an additional £2000 (a total of £5,000) a trophy and a certificate.
- 5 Regional Winners and Pan-Commonwealth Winner will be officially announced during Commonwealth Week in March 2021.
See Also: 100 Profitable business ideas to start now as an aspiring entrepreneur and investor.
The deadline for the 2021 Commonwealth Youth Awards, is October 21, 2020, 23:59 HRS GMT. So, if you are a youth or you know someone making an impact in their community, you can nominate using this link; https://commonwealth-youthexcellence.awardsplatform.com/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.