The iKapture Award 2020 is currently receiving nominations for the 25 Under 25 Young Leaders Changing the Game in Nigeria. This is with the aim to recognise Nigerian youths who are causing a change in their communities.
About iKapture Award 2020
In commemoration of International Youth Day and in celebration of the iKapture’s 10 year anniversary of its flagship program: Youth Leadership, Entrepreneurship, And Development (YLEAD), the iKapture award has been launched.
The initiative is seeking to recognize young leaders across Nigeria (under 25 years) who are championing change in their communities. It will recognise the exemplary work undertaken by young people across the continent.
Similarly, the award launch coincides with the 2020 International Youth Day with the theme ‘Youth Engagement for Global Action, ‘which seeks to highlight young people that are working to ensure sustainable development in their various communities and provide ways for more young people to engage.
iKapture Award 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the award, nominees must:
- Be of age 15 to 25 years;
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Have been engaged in development work, business or engaged in a leadership role for more than 12 months – either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- Have a strong track record of implementing innovative ideas and linking their work and its impact on one of the 17 SDGs;
- Also, must have demonstrated an understanding of the importance of youth engagement in key areas of development, business, and leadership.
Basically, you can nominate yourself or be nominated by someone else who can testify of the impact of your work. After which, 25 finalists will be shortlisted from a list of nominations based on 6 key categories which include:
- Poverty Eradication (SDG 1, 2)
- Education (SDG 4, 17)
- Environment (SDG 6, 7, 11, 13, 14, 15)
- Health (SDG 3)
- Human Rights (SDG 5, 10, 17)
- Entrepreneurship/innovation (SDG 8, 9, 12)
Some of the benefits for the finalist includes;
- Receive an e-award certificate
- Be featured on iKapture social media pages, Blankpaperz online application and Opportunity Desk
- Participate in a Virtual Meet-up with select Change Makers across the globe.
The deadline for entries for the iKapture Award 2020 is August 25, 23:59 WAT. So, if you know anyone that fits into any of the SDGs categories, you can apply in person or nominate using this link; https://www.cognitoforms.com/OpportunityDesk2/_25Under25LeadersChangingTheGame
Let’s create visibility for your brand and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice for our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Follow us on Instagram to keep track of our activities.