What magic can your lens create? Global Landscape Forum Photo Competition for young African photographers is here with its 2022 edition ready to reward and showcase your talent to the world.
Are you a young African, male or female? Are you a pro photographer or a newbie? Do you run a photography business? Whichever category you fall under, you are welcome to compete and win part of the $900 cash prize.
About Global Landscape Forum
GLF is the world’s largest knowledge-driven platform on inclusive and sustainable landscapes. GLF is committed to a landscape-based approach. It safeguards and preserves biodiversity-rich landscapes.
It addresses issues such as insecure tenure, community and gender rights, as well as food insecurity and declining rural livelihoods. GLF also promotes sustainable value chains and natural resource management. Find out more about GLF.
See also: SHEBA 2022: The Accelerator For The Female Entrepreneur
About GLF Photo Competition
A panellist of GLF’s choosing will review submissions. Who will then shortlist 25 photos for more scrutiny and evaluation. Then GLF will publish the finalist photos on its platform, where the public can vote for their favourite photo to win $200. While the judges decide the Ist and 2nd place winners.
The following criteria will be used to select finalists:
Photographic quality- 30%
Execution of Theme- 10%
See also: Apply: SME Growth Lab Digital Accelerator Program 2022
Benefits Of GLF Photo Competition For Young African photographers
- The winner gets $400
- 2nd place gets $300
- The popular vote gets $200(Here, the public can vote for you)
- Landscape news will feature a spread and an interview with you
- You will be showcased at GLF Africa 2022 Digital Conference
See also: Miss Africa Digital Competition 2022
Who Can Apply?
- A competition for young African photographers from ages 18 and above
- Use only an original photograph that has not won a previous competition
- By submitting the photo, the participant certifies that he or she has followed the competition’s rules and regulations
See also: Africa’s Business Heroes Competition 2022
How To Apply
- Apply and upload your photo here
- Each photograph constitutes a separate entry
- Your photo should have a title
- Include the contributor’s name, email address, phone number, social media handles (if applicable)
- Also include a caption listing the subject and location in your upload
See also: The Ashoka Africa Changemaker Storytelling Challenge 2022
- Finalists will be announced on May 20th
- GLF will announce winners in June
- The deadline for submission is May 10th