The Fifth District Arts Related Small Business & Nonprofit Grant Relief Program will support qualifying arts-related small businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19.
Grant awards range from $5,000 to $20,000 for nonprofits determined by organization revenue and from $5,000 to $12,000 for small businesses selected by the number of full-time equivalent employees (FTE).
Awardees will be reimbursed for eligible expenses incurred from January 1, 2021 – present (as long as other relief program funds were not received for the same expense). Awards will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
See also: The Enugu Studentpreneur Development Loan Program (ESDLP)
Eligibility for the Arts Related Small Business & Nonprofit Grant Relief Program
Arts-related businesses and nonprofits must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must have no more than 25 employees (FTE).
- Must be a for-profit business or nonprofit organization eligible to receive federal funding.
- Home-based businesses are eligible (home mortgages or owner’s salary are not permissible expenses).
- Independent contractors and sole proprietors are eligible, but funds cannot be used for salary, lost profits, or lost income.
- Must have been in operation on/before Feb 15, 2020, and has not permanently closed.
- The main place of business must be located within the 5th Supervisorial District (view map).
- Must be willing to attest to a statement that the award was used as a response to the negative economic impact of COVID-19 and attest to compliance with all local, state, and federal COVID guidelines and orders.
- Funds cannot be used for tax revenue replacement, loan payments, or overtime.
- Detailed requirements can be found at charitableventuresoc.org/artsreliefd5.
See also: Global Student Entrepreneur Awards
What You Stand To Gain From The Arts Related Small Business & Nonprofit Grant Relief Program
- Grant awards range from $5,000 to $20,000 for nonprofits based on organizational revenue and $5,000 to $12,000 for small businesses based on the number of full-time equivalent employees (FTE).
How To Apply
This application process will be in TWO stages:
- The portal opened at 9:00 am on June 24th for applicants to submit a preliminary application. All applications are time-stamped as they are received. Please note, depending, on the initial volume of applicants, the system might temporarily show your application as “sending.” Please be patient – the system will accept your submission in the order received. While submitting, please do not refresh the page until you see the confirmation message. This will cause your application to be canceled and you will have to start the application over.
- Within three business days, applicants will receive email notification of whether or not their application passed the initial qualification screening. Please check your email in-boxes carefully. AFTER CHECKING YOUR JUNK & SPAM FOLDERS, if you do not receive a notification from Charitable Ventures after 3 business days, please contact Charitable Ventures at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the application is approved in the initial screening, applicants will receive a link and password BY EMAIL, which will enable them to upload all required documentation to confirm eligibility. Applicants will have 48 hours (2 business days) to submit the completed documents in the application for the final award decision.
If all of the application requirements are met and verified, awards will be granted, subject to the availability of funds.
For more information and how to apply, visit their website.
Want to start a business and do not know how to start? Visit our resource centre to get our business guides to help you start, market and grow a sustainable business.