The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for students who own and operate a business while attending college or university. Nominees compete against their peers worldwide in a series of local and national competitions to qualify for GSEA Finals. Founded in 1998 by Saint Louis University, GSEA is now an Entrepreneurs’ Organization program.
The GSEA supports student entrepreneurs who require much-needed mentorship, recognition, and connections to take their businesses to the next level of success.
See also: The Enugu Studentpreneur Development Loan Program (ESDLP)
Empowering student entrepreneurs to become the world’s most influential change-makers.
To allow student entrepreneurs to accelerate their success, challenge the status quo, connect to an instrumental peer group and make the most significant impact possible in their community.
Qualifying competitions are held in cities and countries worldwide, with the 2021 Global Finals competition being held virtually.
Eligibility For The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards
The programme is open to undergraduate and graduates college/university students who own and operate a business for at least six months.
See also: Global Start-Up Competition (GSC)
What You Stand To Gain From The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards
Prizes are generally a combination of cash and business services and will vary by location.
Students compete for a prize package of US$25,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000, including a travel/lodging expense paid trip to compete in the Global Finals. In addition, the second place will receive US$10,000, and the third place will receive US$5,000.
Additional awards are given at the Global Finals for Social Impact, Innovation, and Lessons from the Edge.
How Does The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards Help Student Business Owners?
- Access to successful entrepreneurs. Feedback. Mentorship.
- Refined elevator pitches; going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to the judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- Expanded networks; competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and the honored guests.
- Media Exposure; Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- GSEA participants compete for a global prize package worth US$25,000 in cash. All EO GSEA finalists receive a paid trip (airfare and lodging) to compete in the EO GSEA Global Finals, donated business services, access to the EO community, and mentorship. The total value of all prizes, gifts, and services for all student competitors at the EO GSEA Global Finals is nearly half a million dollars.
See also: APX Rolling Program.
How To Apply
Visit their website to apply for this opportunity.
Want to start a business and do not know how to start? Visit our resource centre to get our business guides to help you start, market and grow a sustainable business.