AWS Africa Startup Connect is now calling for applications from women-founded and women-led startups in Africa. This is a program connecting & supporting Africa’s Women’s technology startups to build tech-enabled businesses that solve real problems.
Are you a female founder running a tech-enabled startup? This is for you.
About AWS Africa Startup Connect
In 2021, AWS Activate will be launching the AWS Africa Startup Connect for Women Founded & Led Startups. This is with the aim of enabling and connecting inspiring African Women founders and providing them access to AWS experts and mentors.
This program is designed to support women founders. This way they can be building technology core or technology-enabled businesses that are solving real problems and working to implement technology solutions within their existing or new startup businesses.
What To Expect
If you are a woman founder willing to participate, you are to;
- Be able to commit up to 3 hours every 5 weeks for startup connect sessions.
- Be available to connect with mentors based on scheduled opportunities.
- You should be willing to learn from and share your own experience with peers.
- Complete a 5 slide story deck about the founder and startup (template will be provided)
- Have an interest in learning about new technologies & services like Machine Learning and AI to enhance your products, services, and business.
- Qualify as startups and;
- Your business should be founded, co-founded by women or have women in a senior leadership position
- Be based in or have your primary business and teams in Africa
- Your business is technology core or enabled startups
- Your business is less than 10 years old
- You have secured or have the intention to raise pre-Seed or Seed or Series A investment.
Some of the benefits of joining the startup connect session will include;
- Women founded & led office hours (access to Account Managers & Solution Architects).
- You will have access to AWS startup support programs like mentorship & AWS Activate
- You’ll receive support for qualifying innovative Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence Use Cases & Proof of Concepts.
- Qualifying introductions to relevant accelerators & investors.
- Access to relevant AWS events & trainings.
- Networking with other Women startup founders & leaders from Africa
- Selection for AWS startup story reference opportunities
- Moreso, participating startup founders or leaders who already have a working MVP on AWS infrastructure; a market deployed product on AWS; or those interested in migrating existing project to AWS may qualify for the AWS migration support program and its service credits.
2021 AWS Africa Startup Connect Process
The AWS Africa startup team will connect with you directly to complete the onboarding process once you register. Then, an invitation with the date and time for the first Startup Connect – Women Founded and Led Startups will be shared in early February 2021. Also, regular updates on the 2021 events, training, and opportunities will be shared with the community.
The deadline for application for the AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded and Led Startups is January 18, 2021. Do you find interest in this program? Apply now using this link; https://vc4a.com/aws-activate/aws-africa-startup-connect-women-founded-led-startups/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.