Are you looking for the best POS agent banking platforms to start your business? Look no more. In this article, we will share the best offline POS machines to start your POS business. Also, we will share how to get these POS machines so you can start your business immediately.
There are different ways to start your entrepreneurial journey; online businesses, retail businesses, clothing businesses, stay-at-home businesses, etc. All these we have shared with you here and in the Entrepreneurs Channel.
POS business opportunities have afforded millions of Nigerians a means of earning a decent income to sustain their families. This is a result of the introduction of the agent banking system in 2013 by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
For millions of the unbanked and underbanked in society, access to financial services is now within reach. In this article, I will be sharing with you the 20 best POS agent banking platforms in Nigeria today. Let’s go!
Best POS Agent Banking Platform/ Best POS Machines
OPay is one of the fast-rising fintech companies in Nigeria operating a payment service consumer platform for users to send and receive money, pay bills, and order food and groceries.
The company was founded in 2018 and within a short period of its operation has made several giant strides. With a commercial value of more than $1.5 billion, the company has raised more than $500million in funding in the last four years.
They have a network of more than 300,000 agents serving close to 10 million Nigerians today. OPay is a star performer to watch out for in the nearest future.
How To Start OPay POS Business
To start your POS business, you need to first sign up as an agent on the OPay Agent Portal before you can then apply for a POS machine.
To request their POS machine here are the requirements:
Download The OPay app to your device (you can find the app on Android and the Apple stores). Sign in to your profile and upgrade your KYC status to level 3.
Moniepoint is a product of TeamApt, one of Nigeria’s leading Fintech companies. It is one of the best POS agent banking platforms in Nigeria today. Since its establishment in 2019, Moniepoint as an agency banking platform has enabled more than 150,000 entrepreneurs to process over a billion transactions worth more than 20 trillion Naira.
And as of today, the company has evolved into a full-service business bank. Do you want to join the Moniepoint train by being one of their POS agents? Here is how:
How To Become a Moniepoint POS Agent
- Visit Moniepoint’s official website.
- Fill out the registration form for Moniepoint agents and submit it.
- Make sure your email address and phone number are confirmed, and an agent will reach out to you after 48 hours of registration.
- The Agent would provide you with information on what to do next, after which they would confirm you as an agent.
- You can now log in to your Moniepoint POS dashboard to manage your account.
Do you want to start a POS business? Check out our comprehensive Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a POS business in Nigeria.
Bankly is a Nigerian fintech startup that tags itself as the bank for the unbanked. The company was founded by Tomilola Adejana and Fredrick Adams in 2018.
Bankly’s financial management platform helps to automate, simplify and secure digital payments. This they achieved by utilising financial behaviour tracking algorithms to offer personalised offerings that include multi-channel withdrawals and agency banking services.
How to Become a Bankly Agent
To get started, download the Bankly Agent mobile application from the app store, create an account and provide the required KYC details. Next, verify your account and support personnel will verify your registration. Once this is done, you can start transacting and offering customers access to financial services.
4. Nomba (formerly Kudi)
Nomba (formerly Kudi) is an omnichannel fintech payment platform that provides tools to enable businesses to grow. The company’s easy-to-use range of business tools enables businesses to accept, process and manage payments online and offline.
The company started its journey in 2017 with a chatbot designed to simplify financial payments. And by 2018 it evolved into a company offering point of sale (POS) technology and having partnerships with banks and other financial institutions.
How to Become a Nomba POS Agent
- Download and install the Nomba app from the Google play store.
- Launch the application on your android phone.
- Sign up using your phone number and connect the app with your bank account.
- Start transacting on the Nomba app.
- Ensure you use it consistently for basic bills like electricity, airtime recharge, TV subscriptions, and more.
- After about two weeks, Nomba will message you about your eligibility to receive a free POS.
PalmPay is a mobile money operator launched in Nigeria in September 2019 that has earned a place on the list of best POS agent banking platforms in Nigeria. It has a simple and secure payment app that gives users rewards when they transact on it. For instance, PalmPay offers users in Nigeria 10 per cent cash back on airtime purchases and has bank transfer rates as low as ₦10 per transaction.
The company has grown rapidly reaching a customer base of over 2 million transacting users processing billions in naira cash value.
Improve and increase your sales by getting our concise Sales and Marketing Plan Template here
How To Become A PalmPay Agent
Download the PalmPartner app from Google Playstore and after the installation, launch the app and sign up for an account. If you already own a PalmPay account, you can log in using the registered phone number.
After you log in, provide details about yourself by filling out an application form and uploading your KYC documents. Now, you can start transacting business as a PalmPay agent.
6. Baxi Box
Baxi Box is a fintech product of Capricorn Digital Limited – a digital distribution company providing aggregated payments and collection services to users. The company was introduced in Nigeria in 2016. The Baxi Platform is an omnichannel that currently operates on the Box, POS, and app (Baxi mobile), all geared to suit customers’ payments needs.
How to Become a Baxi Box Agent
- Download the BaxiMobile App from your play store/Apple store.
- Install the app on your device and complete the sign-up process.
- Provide your BVN and verifiable address to upgrade your account to Baxi Flex or Baxi Pro.
- Navigate to Request for MPOS/POS and submit a request for a POS device.
Paga is a leading mobile payment company in Nigeria founded in 2009, building an ecosystem to enable people digitally send and receive money as well as creating simple financial access for everyone. Their focus is on helping both consumers and sellers pay, get paid, and access financial services. They currently have over 19 million users here in Nigeria.
How To Start A POS Business With Paga
- To become a POS agent, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Log on to www.paga.com, select Agent and click on Become an Agent to get started.
- Once you are done, one of Paga’s field representatives will contact you for further instructions on the onboarding process.
8. Quickteller Paypoint
Quickteller Paypoint is the trade name of Interswitch Financial Inclusive Services (IFIS). It is a utility bill payment and money service provided to businesses. The Quickteller Pay point service is available as an application and on Point-of-Sale machines.
To utilize the service on the application, agents are provided with an app on their smartphones at no cost. An account is set up for the agent and they begin to use the product after the initial training. The Point-of-Sale machine is provided at a cost while the software that runs it comes at no cost.
Benefits of Quicktell Paypoint Service
- Access over 15 Bill and mobile money services from the mobile network operators.
- Minimal set-up cost when accessed via the application as it comes at no cost.
- Agents earn a monthly commission off every transaction they make within the month.
Firstmonie is an agent banking business arm of First Bank of Nigeria Ltd through which customers in unbanked or underbanked regions can process financial requests through registered Agents and existing businesses. This agent banking service of First bank Ltd is a top performer in this list of 20 best POS agent banking platforms in Nigeria today.
This is an electronic wallet that allows individuals the convenience of making and accepting payments electronically with their mobile numbers. This is a tool used by developing nations to enable individuals to participate fully in the global financial system. This digital wallet eliminates the need to carry a physical wallet by storing customers’ payment information securely and compactly
Firstmonie Agent banking
Agent banking is a channel used to bring financial services closer to the unbanked and underbanked segment of society by empowering existing businesses within the communities to deliver these services.
How to Become a Firstmonie Agent
To become a Firstmonie Agent you need to have:
- An existing business
- A visible and accessible business location
- A valid means of identification (Voters’ card, national id card, drivers’ license, international passport)
- A utility bill not more than three (3) months old
- Business registration documentation for corporate bodies
10. Access Closa
This is another agent banking service that deserves a place on the list of 20 best POS agent banking platforms in Nigeria. Access Closer is an agent banking service of Access bank that provides access to financial services right within your neighbourhood without having to visit a bank.
With over 100,000 agents, Access Closa agents are authorized by the bank to process transactions quickly and easily via platforms such as Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals or Mobile Phones.
Services Offered by Access Closa Agents
- Cash deposits
- Cash withdrawals
- Funds transfer
- Bill payments
- Airtime purchase
- Account opening
How to Become an Access Closa Agent
Minimum requirements to become an Agent:
- A visible business location which is easily accessible
- Minimum working capital of ₦50,000
- Valid identification – Voter’s card, Driver’s License, International Passport, National ID card
- Utility bill
- Business registration documents for corporate bodies
11. GT Express
GTExpress is a comprehensive agent banking service that allows customers access to financial services at convenient locations.
The GTExpress service is banking via agent locations such as supermarkets, schools, cinemas, markets, and restaurants. It is an initiative to reach the underserved and unbanked segments of the population through the use of non-banking retail outlets.
These non-banking outlets (agent locations) will provide banking services such as account opening (instant accounts), cash deposit and withdrawal via ATMs, customer enquiries, bills payment, funds transfer services (local money value transfer), and other activities as the Central Bank of Nigeria may prescribe from time to time.
GTExpress brings banking within your reach. Now you can perform simple and basic banking transactions right in your neighbourhood.
Services Available At GT Express Locations
- Account opening
- ATM cash deposits and withdrawals
- Bill payments
- Local funds transfers
How To Become a GT Express Agent.
- Visit the nearest GTBank branch.
- Meet the next available customer agent at the banking hall.
- Request for a POS application form.
- When and if your application is approved, GTBank will contact you to come and collect your GTbank POS.
- Alternatively, you can download the GTBank mobile money agent form, fill it and take it to the nearest GTBank branch.
12. SurePadi Agency Banking.
SurePadi is the Agency Banking solution of Polaris Bank Limited. The bank is providing convenient and easy access to banking services through partnerships with existing retail outlets as SurePadi Agents.
Services Available At SurePadi Locations.
- Account opening.
- Funds transfer.
- Deposit funds.
- Cash withdrawals.
- Pay bills.
- Buy airtime and enrol for BVN.
How To Become A SurePadi Agent
To become a Polaris bank SurePadi Agent, kindly visit the nearest Polaris Bank branch with the following:
- Valid means of identification: driver’s license, national identity card, international passport or voters card
- Utility bill (Not less than three (3) months from time of presentment)
- A recent passport photograph
13. Zenith bank Agent Banking
Agent banking is a financial inclusion service which has been adopted by the bank to extend retail reach across all segments. As an agent, you are required to render basic financial services on behalf of the bank.
- Account opening
- Cash withdrawal
- Cash deposit
- Funds transfers
- Bills payment
- Airtime Purchase
How to Become Zenith Bank POS Agent
- An existing retail/business outlet with a trading name.
- An existing retail/business outlet in a physical geographical location for a minimum of 12 months.
- The outlet can be a school, market, shopping mall, filling station or any business outlet with reasonable human traffic.
- The outlet should accommodate a dedicated desk/counter and a minimum of one (1) staff to handle agent banking services.
- Must have maintained a Zenith bank account for a minimum of 6 months.
Please note: A prospective agent may wish to register using either a business name (a corporate account) or in a personal name (an individual account).
UnionDirect is an agent banking service from Union bank and its also on the list of 20 best POS agent banking platforms in Nigeria. With UnionDirect, you can earn up to 100,000 in a month while carrying out basic financial activities within your community.
How To Become UnionDirect Agent
- Maintain a savings or current account with Union bank.
- Own an existing business in a physical location that is easily accessible.
- Have a minimum of one staff to support the business.
- Have a minimum working capital of N150,000.
- Have a valid means of identification (voter’s card, driver’s license, international passport or national id card).
- Provide relevant business information.
- Complete the Agent registration form and execute the agreement.
- Submit a filled form to email@example.com or visit a Union bank branch.
15. UBA Monie
UBA Moni, an agent banking service of the United Bank of Africa is bringing financial inclusion to currently excluded individuals by bringing financial services closer to the people at the community level.
You can earn over 1 Million Naira every year as a UBA Moni Agent through multiple means like:
- Get N500 when you refer 2 agents
- Get extra N250 when you refer more than 2 agents
- Earn N200 on every account opened
- Earn N250 more from your 51st account
Services Offered by UBA Monie Agents
- Open an account
- Withdraw money
- Send money
- Deposit cash
- Pay bills
How To Become UBA Monie Agent
- You need a valid means of identification e.g, international passport, driver’s license, national id, or voter’s card
- A recent utility bill
- You also need a UBA account. Either your standard individual or corporate account can work for this purpose.
- After this, download the UBA Moni agent onboarding form, fill it and submit it online.
16. FCMB Agent Banking Services
FCMB agent banking is a simple user-friendly cost-effective way of providing secured light banking services. Such services include cash deposit, cash withdrawal, fund transfer, bill payment, airtime recharge, BVN enrolment, etc. to groups of people in a community, employing known and trusted existing retail business outlets in the same community.
Agent banking ‘outlets’ act as the locations where the un-banked or under-served persons transact. FCMB agent banking services have onboarded close to 10,000 agents so far. These agents offer payment services to customers, and by doing so earn transactional income for the services they offer.
Services Offered by FCMB Agent Banking Services
- Account opening.
- Instant card issuance.
- Cash deposit.
- Cash withdrawal.
- Funds transfer.
- Airtime recharge.
- Bills payment.
- BVN enrolment.
- PIN change etc.
How To Become FCMB Banking Agent
To become an FCMB agent banking operator, visit any FCMB branch in your locality and pick up an FCMB agent banking interest form from the customer service department.
17. Ecobank Xpress Point
Ecobank Xpress point is also on the list of 20 best POS agent banking platforms in Nigeria. It is an affordable business opportunity that is helping thousands of individuals and business owners across the country to boost their income. You can earn extra money simply by helping customers with their basic banking transactions at your location under a 3rd party representation agreement with Ecobank.
Services Offered by Ecobank Xpress Point
- Deposit and withdrawal/token redemption
- Mobile airtime top-up
- Interbank transfer
- Bill payment
- International transfer (remittance)
How To Become An Xpress Point Agent
- Visit the Ecobank Xpress Point registration portal
- Fill out the merchant form
- Select Level of Education
- Enter a contact phone number
- Choose your type of business
- Enter the number of business locations you have
- Choose your device type (desktop, laptop, smartphone)
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Tick the reCAPTCHA button to indicate you are not a robot
- Click Submit
- Once your application is received, an Ecobank representative will contact you within 72 hours
18. Stanbic IBTC @ease Agency Banking Service
Stanbic IBTC Bank through its @ease agency banking service is driving Africa’s growth by meeting the lifestyle needs of the under-banked and the un-banked by empowering businesses in various communities to provide financial services to them.
Benefits of Becoming an Agent
- Commissions to be earned on all services provided at agent locations for example account opening, card sales, cash withdrawal and cash deposit.
- Branding of Agent Locations at no cost.
- Rewards and gifts for high-performing agents.
- Instant settlement of all agent banking transactions.
- Increased turnover opportunities from customer traffic.
How To Become Stanbic IBTC @ease Agent
- Visit any of our branches or go to their website to get started.
- Fill out the Agent Application Form and submit the required documentation for verification or log on to the website to submit basic onboarding information
19. Keyserv Agency Banking Service
KeyServ is a Keystone bank Agency Banking solution designed to provide financial access to the unbanked and underbanked population. It commenced operation in 2018 and serves as a convenient and cost-effective way of providing banking services to people in a community while employing trusted existing 3rd party retail businesses.
Agent banking ‘outlets’ act as the locations where the un-banked or under-served persons transact. These outlets are owned by an individual or entity who offers payment services to the customer and by doing so, earn transactional income for the services they offer.
Agency banking provides the opportunity to access financial products and services at a location nearest to the customer, thus breaking down certain barriers to financial inclusion such as cost and accessibility.
Services Available at KeyServ Agent Locations
- Account Opening
- Instant Card Issuance
- Cash Deposit
- Cash Withdrawal
- Funds Transfer
- Airtime Recharge
- Bills Payment etc.
20. Heritage Bank CornerShop Agent Banking
CornerShop by Heritage bank is the last, but not the least on the list of 20 best POS agent banking platforms in Nigeria. Heritage bank believes you need your bank close by, and not closed down. And this is because anything can happen anytime. So, they made your money available in their HB Cornershop right in your neighbourhood and within reach as you need it.
Types of Heritage Bank CornerShop Agents
An individual who off-takes a Heritage Bank’s branded Kiosk (CornerShop) and provides financial services to customers on behalf of the bank from the kiosk.
An individual who has an existing business location and provides financial services to customers on behalf of the bank at the location.
An organised association/company that aggregates agents for the bank and earns commissions off the agents’ transactions on a continuous basis.
An individual or organisation/association/company that sources agents for the bank and earns a one-off referral commission.
Available Services At Heritage Bank CornerShops
- Account Opening (tier 1)
- Cash deposit to HB account
- Deposit to any commercial bank in Nigeria (Interbank transfers)
- Cash withdrawal from HB account
- Cash withdrawal from any commercial bank in Nigeria (using a debit card)
- Other Value Added Services (Airtime Vending, Bill Payment, Collections etc)
On a final note, POS agent banking business service is one of the leading job creation opportunities in Nigeria today. This list of 20 best POS agent banking platforms in Nigeria provides you with a wide choice of platforms to partner in starting your new POS business.
The above list is not exhaustive, so share in the comments other POS machines that can be used to start the POS business.
We will like to do business with you to showcase your brand to the world. See the different ways we will create brand awareness for your brand here.