- Many of the online business ideas mentioned in this article can be started with little or no capital
- Some online business ideas pay more than others
- Research before you start your online business and build your online business in a field you are knowledgeable about
- You need to be passionate about the online business idea you choose because things may not go as planned always.
- Anybody can start an online business, but to succeed, you treat your online business like a proper business
- This article is for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs looking for online business ideas to start
- You need to develop a business model for your online business
Benefits Of Starting An Online BusinessWith the growth of the internet and the resultant explosion of the evolution of smartphones, the time to start is now. We have shared many online business ideas at Entrepreneurs.ng shop; to help entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs to start, market, and grow sustainable online businesses. Do you prefer to learn through video, then subscribe to Entrepreneurs Channel. Additionally, with the onslaught of the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses and individuals were “forced” to embrace digital and the internet as a viable way of doing business. Therefore, if you start an online business today, people will be more receptive to and patronise your business than they would have a few years ago. However, one of the problems with starting an online business is that most entrepreneurs can’t figure out the best online business ideas that will work for them. Being on this post means you are looking for the best online business idea. We have compiled a list of 60 online business ideas that you can start with little or no capital. Watch the full video of all the online businesses you can start today. Also, subscribe to our channel to get more business ideas and insights.
Best Online Business Ideas For Entrepreneurs
1) BloggerBlogging is one of the most profitable online business ideas you can start. It is easy to start but requires a lot of consistency and commitment. As you will realise while reading this article, research is crucial to starting any online business ideas we mention here. So, if you want to go into blogging, you must properly research the best niche to blog about, paying attention to what is valuable to your target audience.
Best Blogging NichesHere are some blogging niches that you can consider: Health, Nutrition, Fashion, Travel, Beauty, Parenting / Mom or Dad, Fitness / Bodybuilding, Weightloss, Personal Development / Self-improvement, Professional Development, Life Hacks, Religion, Culture, Relationship Advice, Mental health awareness, DIY Crafts, Tutorials, Woodwork, Sewing / Knitting, Photography, Politics, Business News, Health News, Entertainment News, Technology News, Science News, Investing, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Human Resources, Sales, Business Ideas, Business Tips, Making money online, Games, Food Discovery, Restaurant Reviews, Recipes, Baking, Food Culture, Wine, Food Photography / Food Videography, Fine Dining, Electronics, Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Innovation, Computer Science, Clothing, Books, Vehicles, Branded Products Blog about things you are passionate about. That way, it will be easy to create content.
How To Make Money From Blogging
- Google Ads
- Sponsored Posts
- Ads Spaces
2) Social Media ManagerSocial media management is one of the online business ideas that can fetch you good money. You can start your social media management career with little or no initial investment. Start by taking the Facebook Blueprint Course, the Twitter Flight Academy, and many other free social media management courses available online. After that, reach out to brands directly on social media with your proposal. You can offer free services to build your portfolio. With hard work and determination, you will build a successful career as a social media manager.
3) Social Media ConsultantSocial media consulting is a little bit different from social media management. As a social media consulting consultant, you will be offering your clients more in terms of strategy than actual management. Even though many social media consultants also manage their clients’ social media pages, consulting is more focused on creating social media strategies that will help boost engagement, conversations, and the growth of the client’s social media platforms. To build a social media consulting agency, you must either be or have people on your team that has gathered experience in social media management, social media strategy, and social media marketing.
4) Facebook Ads ConsultantThis is an exciting online business idea because you do not need any capital to start this business. All you need to do is to learn how to set up and optimise Facebook ad campaigns. You will be surprised how many people out there want to run Facebook ads, but either does not have the technical know-how to run their campaigns or the time to monitor them. As a Facebook Ads Consultant, you will seek out companies needing your services and expertise and then charge them a percentage for your service. Many Facebook Ads Consultants charge 10%-20% of the total ads budget as their service charge.
5) Google Ads ExpertGoogle Ads Consultancy is one of the most viable online business ideas. It entails helping organisations set up and monitor Google Ads for a fee. To be a successful Google Ads Consultant, you must have strong expertise in Google ads, keyword research, and analytics. You should be able to set up Google Display Ads, Google Search Ads and Youtube Ads via the Google Ads network.
6) Social Media InfluencerIf you have considerable followership on social media, you can offer your services as a social media influencer. Social media influencers are typically individuals on social media who have a big enough followership that brands want to work with them. So, if you have a strong following, you should join some influencer networks and start making money.
7) Domain FlipperDomain flipping is buying domain names at a low price and selling for profit. One of the best ways to flip domains is by buying domain names in valuable niches that people will want, then holding on to them until an entrepreneur wants that same domain, and then you sell at a profit. Many domain flippers make as much as $1,000 from a single domain sale.
8) SEO ConsultantAnother fantastic online business idea is offering SEO consultancy. SEO Consultancy is the process of planning, implementing, and managing your client’s overall SEO strategy. SEO consultant duties include web analytics, content planning, keyword research, strategy, and link-building activities.
9) Online Public Relations ConsultantAs with other fields, public relations has grown due to the explosion of the internet. Online public relations, or E-PR, as it is also known, is the use of the internet to communicate with a company’s target audience(s). You can offer your service as an online public relations expert if you build a strong relationship with bloggers, online newspapers, and other websites in various niches.
10) Media BuyerMedia buying is one of the best online business ideas you can start immediately. It works in such a way that you can contact organisations and offer to help them buy advert spaces on top websites where their target audience visits. To be successful at media buying, you need to offer organisations something they can not get, either by giving them a more affordable price or getting them access to websites they can’t get themselves. Media buying is a great way to kickstart your entrepreneurship journey, and you can start immediately.
11) PodcasterDo you enjoy talking and sharing valuable information with an audience? Then podcasting might be the best online business idea. Create a free podcast, and build your audience up to the stage where you can start earning from advertising and sponsorship deals. If your podcast grows to become very successful, you can consider selling merchandise or joining subscription-based platforms like Patreon.
12) Affiliate MarketerAffiliate marketing is the process of advertising people’s products and services and then earning a commission from every sale you make from your unique link. If done correctly, you stand a chance of earning a decent living from affiliate marketing, but it takes a lot of work and commitment. Are you a niche blogger? Then you should seriously consider affiliate marketing as a source of income on your blog. If you don’t own a blog, you can still run your affiliate marketing business by advertising goods and services on social media and earning a commission from every sale. There are many affiliate marketing networks; a simple Google search will spoil you for options. However, research every network and ensure they are trustworthy before spending time and resources on marketing.
13) YouTube CreatorAnother great online business idea entrepreneurs can take advantage of is becoming a Youtube Creator. Pursuing a Youtube Creator career is fulfilling when you choose the right niche and are focused on growth. Creating a Youtube channel allows you to earn through the Google Ads network, sponsorship, direct advertising, and selling merchandise. First, create a niche for yourself, be creative with your videos, and ensure the titles of the videos are catchy. You can start with Do-It-Yourself videos. To start, create an account on YouTube, upload videos, and apply for the YouTube Partner Program. The program allows you to make money from the ads displayed on your videos. As you become popular, brands will reach out for a feature. This is one of the ways you make money. However, there are other ways you can make money from online videos. So stay glued to this platform, and we will show you how in subsequent content. See Also: Service Based Business ideas to start for entrepreneurs.
14) Website DesignerYou can also start your entrepreneurship journey online by offering website designing services. If you can design websites, you can start your online business by contacting small businesses and asking to help them design or redesign their websites for a fee. To become a successful web design entrepreneur, you should know how to buy domain names, buy hosting services, and design websites.
15) Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is typically an individual who works from home or a remote location to render administrative services to a client. Virtual assistants have in office administration, clerical work, etc.
Many business owners are looking for virtual assistants to help them handle their emails, schedules, calls and other administrative duties.
To excel as a virtual assistant, you must have people’s management skills and excellent communication skills. You get paid as you work and can get rich in time if you build your clientele.
Virtual assistant business is gradually becoming one of the best online business ideas trending today with a remote style of operation. Virtual assistants must give situation reports to their clients regularly through email, phone calls, or any other agreed medium.
See Also: Small business grants for women-owned businesses or organisations.
16) Remote Customer Support
With the growth of the internet and the development of new customer support applications, there is now a massive opportunity for entrepreneurs to offer their services as remote customer support executives to companies worldwide.
Most times, all you need to do your customer support service for an organisation is your headset and access to the company’s call centre software to start responding to customers.
Dropshipping is the process of selling third-party products online and having the manufacturer fulfil the order while you earn a commission for the sale.
Dropshipping is a trendy online business that requires less capital and is easy to start. You can do dropshipping business from any location with a laptop and internet connection.
You don’t need to keep goods in stock; instead, you transfer the customer’s orders and shipping address to the manufacturer, wholesaler, or retailer, who then ships the goods directly to the customer.
To succeed in this business, you must build formidable relationships with your suppliers to help you effectively manage your supply chain. To begin, you can create and select a profitable niche, secure a supplier and create a customer acquisition plan.
If you want to start an e-commerce business and don’t have enough money to source products, you can build a website and apply to dropshipping networks to display their products and have them fulfil the orders.
It is a simple and foolproof way to begin an online business.
18) Digital Course Creator
You can also start your entrepreneurship business online by creating excellent courses that you can sell on popular Edtech websites like Udemy, Udacity, Skillshare, and the like.
To succeed as a digital course creator, you need to identify a need in the market and then create a course that provides a solution to that problem.
19) CV And Cover Letter Writer
If you have experience writing CVs and cover letters for job applicants, you can offer your service to job applicants online. There’s a vast market of job applicants who don’t understand how to format their CVs and cover letters. So you have a ready market if you can offer these services to them. You should also consider offering LinkedIn profile optimisation as one of your services.
20) Forex And Stock Trader
You might consider investing in forex and stock trading for entrepreneurs interested in the capital market. Forex trading involves buying and selling foreign currencies, while stock trading entails buying stocks of popular organisations when they are a bit cheaper and selling when the price increases.
Forex and stock are very volatile markets, and you should only go into trading these instruments if you know your way around them.
21) E-commerce Owner
If you have enough capital and experience, consider going into e-commerce ownership. It involves starting and owning your e-commerce platform.
E-Commerce is a fantastic online business idea, especially if you can identify a gap in the market and fill that gap. However, it involves a lot of innovating and staying ahead of trends.
22) Content Writer
Content writing is one of the best online business ideas. If you are great at writing blogs, articles, and other forms of content, you should consider offering your service as a content writer to blogs and businesses.
Since content is the livewire of most marketing campaigns, a content writer is always needed. Working as a freelance content writer can become a viable means of earning a living if you position yourself correctly.
As a writer, you can build an online presence, pitch your business to prospective clients, and create a great relationship with other writers in your field.
Freelance writers focus on a niche of human interest and provide information on them. It requires excellent professionalism, so you have to write and deliver as a professional.
Your experience, location, and skill are paramount to your success. Depending on your agreement with your client, you may decide to charge per hour, day, or article.
See Also: 100 profitable business ideas to start now for aspiring entrepreneurs and investors.
23) Ebook Creator
You can use many software and tools for creating ebooks and ebook covers without necessarily having graphic design skills. With this knowledge, you can start offering your services to writers and businesses as an ebook creator. With the right traction, you should be able to make a decent living out of your business as an ebook creator.
24) App Creator
Whether you have the technical know-how to create a mobile app or you just have a fantastic idea that you want to bring to fruition, you can become an app entrepreneur.
Identifying the need for an app and building it to solve problems has the potential to catapult your online business to more outstanding standards.
Mobile app developers are on the increase today. Although it is not as easy as people think, with hard work, you can become successful at it. You can either work from home or get attached to a company. In addition, there are many platforms where you can enlist your services to find clients.
See Also: Side hustle business ideas you can start to earn extra cash.
25) Photo Seller
Do you take great pictures? Then you should sign up and become a stock photography seller. Websites are abundant where you can sell your stock photographs online. And if you take great pictures of things people are looking for, chances are that you have a strong chance of building a fantastic photography business online.
26) Online Researcher
Many organisations need to do research from time to time but don’t have enough time to handle it, nor can they afford to hire an in-house researcher. Therefore, they turn to freelance online researchers to help them.
Offering your service as an online researcher will need you to understand researching on the web, using survey tools, and other online and offline research tools.
Copywriting is the act of writing the text for advertisement purposes or promotional materials. It is different from general writing because it is meant to convince people to buy the product or service the copy is discussing.
If you are great at writing compelling copy that helps stir people to buy from companies and individuals, you should consider offering copywriting services.
Copywriting is one of the creative online business ideas you can start. It is the act of creating promotional, informative, and persuasive text for marketing or advertising campaigns or on a website. It is the production of advertising copy that increases a brand’s awareness.
As a copywriter, there is no limit to the copy you can create. You will create billboard posts, lyrics, sales letters, social media posts, email marketing content, jingle and brochures, and other marketing materials.
You can work as a copywriter from home and make six monthly figures. However, to succeed in this business, you need to research, broaden your knowledge, and organise your thoughts so that your copy will capture the intended audience.
See Also: 10 business ideas to start with 100k in Nigeria that will make you millions
28) Online Telemarketer
Telemarketing is the process of selling products and services via the telephone. Telemarketing is usually done via a technique known as cold calling. With cold calling, telemarketers make unsolicited phone calls to prospects and convince them to buy from their organisations.
If you are good at speaking convincingly and selling, you should consider offering telemarketing services to organisations.
29) Lead Generation Expert
One of the biggest problems that businesses deal with is lead generation. So, if you are very good at generating new leads, many businesses will be more than happy to pay you for your services. You can take advantage of Entrepreneurs.ng advertising proposal to generate leads. Learn more about advertising on Entrepreneurs.ng.
30) Freelance Transcription Expert
Are you excellent at transcribing audio and video files into text? There is a huge market for online freelance transcription experts. In most cases, your pay will depend on the length of the file you are transcribing. However, you can negotiate based on the hours of work you are required to put in. The choice is yours to make.
31) Business Plan Writer
The way to create wealth is by identifying a problem and creating a solution to the problem. But unfortunately, a business plan is seen as a hefty document which is why business owners are always reluctant to prepare one.
The business plan is a necessary document that every business owner should have. Most businesses are comfortable outsourcing this document to someone experienced in writing a business plan that will make investors keep knocking at your door to invest in your business.
Business plan writers provide written business plans to their clients. In addition, they conduct market research and gather relevant information to ensure the business’s success.
If you are an expert on writing a business plan, proceed by building a web presence for your business and start reaching out to clients. As always, word of mouth and reviews from satisfied clients does the magic. Entrepreneurs.ng will help write your business plan.
32) Email Marketing Expert
Email marketing is one of the most affordable ways to advertise online. As a result, many companies and entrepreneurs want to engage in email marketing. But the problem is that they don’t know how to craft engaging email content, and they don’t know how to set up email campaigns.
Therefore, if you are good at email marketing, you can start your online business as an email marketing expert. To attract clients, market via email or networking at business events.
33) Online Counsellor
Are you a trained counsellor? Can you identify a niche online that people have not taken advantage of? Then you can offer your services online as a counsellor. You can choose from many areas, including business counselling, children counselling, and many others.
11 thoughts on “60 Online Business Ideas To Start In 2023 And Become Rich”
Thanks a lot. It wasn’t easy to write all these, thanks so much for the passion you have for the youth.
Adugba, you have really made my day. Honestly, I was surfing for something else (i.e how to open a pos business) before I stumbled on your very expository findings.. remain blessed.
But Mr. Saviour how can someone with no knowledge of IT but proficient in the usage of android phones benefit from this list of niches and online opportunities you highlighted?
Your advice, suggestion and assistance will be highly appreciated, sir
Thank you for your kind words. We’re glad you found the content insightful. There’s a lot you can do with your smartphone. Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel to learn more. This is one of the topics we have covered on our channel.
This is definitely an eye-opener. No reason to say you ain’t got something to do. There are obviously a lot of opportunities out there to explore. Good job well done, Saviour
Thank you very much Toma! Kindly share it with your network!
For the many like me who are in pursue of growing their business(es), well here’s another platform on expanding your scope. As the saying No knowledge is a waste I say what you’ve learnt is what’s yours. Stop depriving yourself of owning a successful business. Be an enterpreneur be the boss
We are glad that you have been finding value on our website. We hope to continue seeing you!
This is very helpful and eye-opening.
I am glad that you found value! Hope to see you back soon!
This is a highly enlightening and practical piece especially for the Nigerian youths who are experiencing an upward scale in the unemployment level.
Thank you for your comment. I am glad that this post has been useful to you!