The Black Founder Startup Grant by SoGal is set to eradicate low to no funding for black female-owned businesses. Black women founders are the fastest-growing demographic of entrepreneurs out of any throughout history. These founders are best equipped to solve some of the world’s largest unmet needs and have a legacy of reinvesting in their communities and creating intergenerational wealth. However, Black women entrepreneurs are met with the greatest barriers to accessing capital.
They believe in a brighter future where the next world-changing business is not unrealized because of systemic discrimination.
See also: Global Student Entrepreneur Awards.
Eligibility For The Black Founder Startup Grant
To qualify, you should:
- Self-identify as a Black woman or Black nonbinary entrepreneur (inclusive of multiracial Black women and multiracial Black nonbinary folks).
- Have a legally registered business.
- Plan to seek investor financing in order to scale, now or in the future.
- Have a scalable, high-impact solution or idea with the ambition to be the next billion-dollar business.
Benefits Of The Black Founder Startup Grant
- SoGal Foundation has teamed up with Winky Lux, bluemercury, twelveNYC, Twilio, and other sponsors to make a step towards progress by providing several $10K and $5K cash grants to Black women or nonbinary entrepreneurs.
- Awardees will also receive tactical help navigating the fundraising environment at large so that they will have a more equitable opportunity at scaling the next billion-dollar idea.
- They will also receive lifetime “ask-me-anything” access to the SoGal Foundation and SoGal Venture teams.
See also: UNICEF Innovation Funds
How To Apply
There is no need to include any additional information, as it will not be reviewed. Applications are rolling. If you have already applied, there is no need to apply again. Due to volume, they will only reach out to those selected to receive grants.
If you are a founder, venture capitalist, corporate, or a leader that wants to contribute to funding a grant to a Black woman or Black nonbinary entrepreneur, please email email@example.com. Your contribution is tax-deductible. Black Lives Matter.
Want to start a business and do not know how to start? Visit our resource centre to get our business guides to help you start, market and grow a sustainable business.