Chika Ike is an award-winning Nigerian actress, filmmaker, philanthropist, TV Host, author, and entrepreneur. She is the CEO/Founder of Chika Cosmetics, Flip Script Studios, and Help the Child Foundation.
Chika Ike Background
Chikadebia Nancy Ike was born on the 8th of November 1985 in Onitsha, Anambra State, to Mr and Mrs Ike. For her higher education, she passed through a 2-year diploma program in human kinetics and health education at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) in 2004.
On completing her diploma program in 2006, she proceeded to obtain a degree in human kinetics and health education from the same institution.
Chika Ike graduated from the New York Film Academy, Los Angeles, California, in 2014. She studied film-making at the Academy. Chika also studied Business at Harvard Business School. She was once married but divorced in 2013, due to domestic violence.
Chika Ike Career
At age six, Chika started featuring in church plays. After she graduated from secondary school, she ventured into modelling and was just 16 years old at the time. She commenced her Nollywood career in 2005, with Tchidi Chikere’s Sweet Love and Bless the Child. Chika Ike was once the brand ambassador of Bullet Energy drink.
She established her production company, Chika Ike Production, in 2014 and produced her first movie Miss Teacher afterwards. Chika Ike owns a reality show called the African Diva Reality TV Show.
She is the executive producer, host, and member of the shows’ judging panel. Chika collaborated with ROK Studios to produce movies like: Happy Ending and Stuck on You.
In 2011, Chika Ike launched her fashion line, Fancy Nancy, in Abuja, Nigeria. That same year, she established an NGO called Help a Child Foundation.
The NGO is aimed at helping street children and giving them hope for a better tomorrow. Through the foundation, she gives back to the society.
2005 – 2010
- My Princess
- Disciples of the Anti-Christ
- Wife Without Husband
- The Missing King
- Breach of Contract
- The Snake Boy
- To Love a Stranger – 2005
- The Seekers – 2006
- White Chapel – 2006
- Emotional Blunder – 2006
- Eagle Eyes – 2007
- Before The Rain – 2008
- Desire – 2008
- Jealous Princess – 2008
- Dangerous Beauty – 2009
- Sister Mary and Ossy – 2009
- Eyes of the Nun – 2009
- Harvest of Love – 2009
- Street President – 2010
- Unstoppable – 2010
- Breath of Love – 2010
- Royal Honour – 2010
2011 – 2020
- Pretty Liars – 2011
- Bridge of Contract – 2012
- The End is Near – 2012
- Divide and Rule – 2013
- Secret Act – 2014
- One Night Stand – 2014
- Battle Man – 2014
- Pride of a Princess – 2015
- Miss Teacher – 2015
- Not My Wife – 2016
- Locked Up – 2016
- Happy Ending – 2016
- Road to Hell – 2017
- Hottest Babes in Town – 2018
- Small Chops – 2020
Chika Ike Awards And Nominations
- Nominated at the African Movie Academy Awards as the Best Upcoming Actress – 2008
- Nominee at the African Movie Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actress – 2009
- Best Role Model in Africa at the African Youth Society Award – 2009
- Nominated at the City People Entertainment Awards for Best Supporting Actress – 2009
- Best Actress at the Donven Club Awards – 2011
- Appointed as a United Nations Messenger of Peace by the United Nations Youth Ambassador for Peace – 2011
- African Heritage Awards for her Contributions to The Youth in Africa – 2012
- Icon of Hope at the HOG Award – 2013
- Most Disciplined Actress at the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) Award – 2013
- Nollywood Fashion Icon of the Year at the Cynosure Magazine Nigerian Fashion Recognition Awards – 2013
- Nominee at the City People Entertainment Awards as the Face of Nollywood – 2016
- Nominated at the ZAFFA Awards for Best Producer – 2016
- ZAFFA Awards nominee for Best Actress – 2016
- Humanitarian Celebrity of the year at La’ mode Magazine Green October Event – 2016
Chika Ike Quotes
“Never dim your light because it’s shining in people’s eyes … Who sells sunglasses? They might need one!”
“Never give up. It may look like all the odds are against you, or that you have lost the battle. But the thing is, you might just be close to your breakthrough! Keep pushing, praying and striving. Yes, you can!”
“The quality of our lives depends on the quality of our thoughts. What we expect from life is what we manifest.”
“Never trust your fears, they don’t know your strength.”
“The beauty of you is how you wear who you are.”
“Little girls with dreams become women with vision.”
“Start your day with a smile and when someone makes eye contact with you, smile at them. You might just light up their day!”
“The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.”
“It’s your story. Feel free to hit them with a plot twist at any moment.”
“Focus on your goal. Don’t look in any direction but ahead.”
“A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.”
“Stay positive, embrace you, love you and live your best life! You really have only one life!”
“Everyone is beautiful in their special way; our imperfections make us uniquely beautiful. I am beautiful, you are beautiful and everyone is beautiful.”
“You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more.”
“Better an ‘oops’ than a ‘what if’. Go make that dream happen!”
“Acting gives you a platform, it gives you a voice. Any actor can use this platform for his or her advantage.”
Ambitious Plus Work Hard
Chika Ike is one super ambitious actress, who always aims high, and wishes to do above the average. Right from onset, she set big goals for herself and works hard to ensure that her goals and dreams become reality.
Dreaming is not enough. You have to work hard. Every entrepreneur should be ambitious and hard-working. Ambition is like passion, it’s a driving force that pushes you against all odds.
The sky is your starting point when you work hard and sieve the noise. We’re here to make the world see your light. Call us today.
Image Credit: @chikaike – Instagram