Applications are now ongoing for the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2021. This is a program for early-stage entrepreneurs around the world with new business ideas that leverage technology for social impact.
So, if you have a project that uses digital technology and positively impact society, apply now.
See Also: U.S Consulate Academy For Women Entrepreneurs 2020
About Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2021
Cisco is committed to positively impacting 1 billion people by 2025. As part of its work, Cisco seeks to inspire and empower a generation of global problem solvers who will not only survive – but drive and thrive – in our increasingly digital economy. With the Internet of Things (IoT) and digital technologies connecting devices and data, good ideas now have the ability to make a difference more quickly than ever before – and Cisco is here to help.
Similarly, the fifth annual Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new business ideas that leverage technology for social impact from entrepreneurs around the world. The goal is to advance early-stage projects that are beyond the concept or idea formation stage, but which have not yet generated over $1M USD in funding and/or revenue.
Then, $1,000,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
See Also: ZeroToOne High Impact Leaders Fellowship 2020 For Young Africans
By participating in this challenge, the available prizes include;
- $250,000 USD Grand Prize; A single team will be designated as the grand prize winner.
- $75,000 USD Regional First Runners-up; Three teams from the Americas, EMEAR, and ApJC will be designated the regional first runners-up and will receive $75,000 USD each.
- $50,000 USD Second Runners-up; Three teams as second runners-up and will receive $50,000 USD each.
- $25,000 USD Third Runners-up; Three teams will form the third runners-up and will receive $25,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD Fourth Runners-up; Three teams will make the fourth runners-up and will receive $10,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD People’s Choice; The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award.
- $10,000 USD Cisco Employees’ Choice; The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the Cisco Employees’ Choice Award.
See Also: FG/CAC Free Business Names Registration For 250,000 MSMEs In Nigeria
Special 2021 Prizes
Thereafter, some of the special prizes include;
- $50,000 USD Greenhouse Gas Solutions Prize; A single team will be the winner of this prize.
- $50,000 USD Ethical AI Prize; A single team will be designated as the winner of this prize.
- $50,000 USD Digital Inclusivity Prize; A single team will receive this prize.
- $50,000 USD HBCU Startup Prize; A single team will be designated as the winner of this prize.
- $50,000 USD Pandemic Response Prize; A single team will be the winner of this prize.
See Also: Business Partnership Facility For Business Initiatives With Social Impact On SDGs
Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2021 Benefit
By participating in this challenge, in addition to a cash infusion to develop your solution, it will be reviewed by Cisco technology experts and high-profile judges. You’ll receive peer and industry validation for your solution, as well as have a great opportunity for global recognition and publicity.
Why You Should Participate
This is for you if your solution uses digital technology to positively impact society or the environment. Your areas of impact include, but are not limited to, critical human needs like water or food security, healthcare, financial inclusion, education, accessibility, and the environment.
The goal is to advance early-stage projects that are beyond the concept or idea formation stage, but which have not generated over $1M USD in funding and/or revenue. Cisco is looking for projects with a dedicated team and that have completed a proof of concept for the core functionality of the product/services at a minimum.
- Applications Open – October 27, 2020
- Applications Close – January 29, 2020, at 5 pm PT
- Semi-Finalists Invited to Submit – March 30, 2021
- Semi-Finalist Submissions Close Apr 23 at 5 pm PT
- Finalists Announced and People’s Choice Voting Open – June 2, 2021
- People’s Choice Voting Closes – June 18, 2021
- Winners Announced – June 29, 2021
See Also: CBN Releases List Of Eligible/Ineligible Businesses To Apply For The N75 Billion Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
To enter the contest, apply before October 27, 2020, to January 29, 2021, Pacific Time. If you fit in, use this link to apply https://cisco.innovationchallenge.com
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.