The Climate Innovation Labs 2020 of Climate Technology Center and Network and Seedstars fully supported by the United Nations & the European Union is calling for ideas for creating technology solutions for enhanced climate action.
If you have ideas that can change the world, apply to the event and make a difference in your society.
About Climate Innovation Labs 2020
The Climate Innovation Labs 2020 will revolve around two three-day online events, one in Africa and another one in the Asia Pacific. This will give a chance to its participants to work side-by-side with climate technology experts from small and medium-sized enterprises. Also, to explore innovative design thinking tools, flexing their entrepreneurial muscle, and creating solutions for enhanced climate action.
This is a time to be part of the change you want to see in the world. The solutions will support the work of industrial SMEs to develop and adopt environmentally sound technologies by identifying synergies with the CTCN’s work.
By applying, you will have the opportunity to work with climate technology experts on one of these challenges.
- Climate change effects: drought, floods, deforestation, heatwaves, landslides
- Access to capital and partnership
- Lack of human resources knowledgeable about climate technology
- Lack of infrastructure to enable sustainable growth in the sector
- Also, lack of awareness about the impact of climate change
- Access to raw materials and equipment to build products used in climate change mitigation
- Access to scientific laboratories.
If you want to participate in this program, you must fulfill these conditions;
- Be between age 20 and 30 years old
- Fluent in the English language
- Be attending or have completed higher education
- Be aspiring or early-stage entrepreneurs or students interested in launching an idea on climate change and building entrepreneurial muscle.
- You have a passion for solving climate technology needs and challenges in Africa or the Asia Pacific, especially those listed in the focus challenges above.
By participating, some of the benefits include;
- Better understand the needs faced by SMEs in addressing climate change.
- Understand how innovative solutions can be a key force in tackling climate change challenges.
- Learn the lean startup methodology and execution of theory
- You’ll learn tools and frameworks to build and test, including hypothesis testing with customers.
- Learn how to pitch your idea to a jury and receive feedback from peers & mentors
As a winner, you’ll get a chance to receive follow-on support to implement and scale your solution. This will happen through a 6-8 week Climate Innovation Academy Program delivered by Seedstars.
This will be a perfect chance to turn your idea into a real business. Especially from the expertise and mentorship that will be provided throughout the virtual program.
Climate Innovation Labs 2020 Timeline
- Launch of Open Call – 16 October 2020
- Close of Application – 5 November 2020
- Africa Launchpad 19 – 21 November 2020
- Asia Pacific Launchpad 3 – 5 December 2020
- Academy Program – January – April
The deadline for application for the Climate Innovation Lab 2020 is November 5, 2020. If you have an idea on how to create tech solutions for enhanced climate action, apply now; https://climatelabs.seedstars.com/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.