Applications for D Prize Challenge is currently open. D-Prize is a funding program that helps new entrepreneurs deliver proven poverty-relieving solutions.
The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet, we have found dozens of proven interventions with significant delivery gaps. As a result, millions of people still don’t have access.
Can you design a new business or NGO that delivers a proven poverty intervention at scale? Submit your idea to build a new organization and solve a Challenge. D Prize will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 to launch wherever extreme poverty exists.
See also Comcast Rise Support
Eligibility For D Prize Challenge Support Programme
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background. The majority of the Challenge awardees have not launched nor raised any funding.
- Funding will be considered for existing organizations only if you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you have a need for high-risk capital that cannot be supported by your current donors or revenue.
- Existing organizations applying to D-Prize should have operated for no more than 18 months and raised no more than $30,000 in outside funding.
- Presently, D Prize is only able to evaluate applications submitted in English. However, your English does not need to be perfect to apply, and grammar and vocabulary errors will not be penalized. They only want to understand your idea.
See also African Youth Adaptation Solutions
Benefits of D Prize Challenge
Awardees will get funding of up to 20,000 USD.
D Prize Challenge Categories
- Health access.
- Clean water.
- Public services.
See also European Innovation Council.
Round 1: Submit your concept note and resume(s). D Prize generally receives up to 1700 submissions per competition.
Round 2: Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full proposal. You will have two weeks to draft and submit.
Final Round: Top entrepreneurs will interview via phone and email. The top 1% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
Launch: You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
- Early Submission Deadline: October 17, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time).
- Regular Submission Deadline: November 7, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time).
- Extension Deadline (limited to 200 people who register): November 28, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time).
How To Apply
To apply for this challenge, click here.
Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice for our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.