Indeed, hard work and consistency pays. When you begin, it may seem like you are wasting your time. But, you can be rest assured that every effort you put into building your business will eventually pay off. This is exactly the case for Florence Chikezie.
Florence began ReDahlia from her bedroom, and today she’s being awarded for not giving up. She has built ReDahlia to a brand that is creating impact and providing solution to entrepreneurs.
Besides, if you know Florence Chikezie well, you will agree with me that she runs from the public face. She loves to build in silent, away from the public eye. In fact, if you visit her ReDahlia Workspaces, you will not believe she is the brain behind such a well structured facility. Some even mistake her for an employee of the company. Lolz. Yes! that’s how simple she can be.
As the holy book says, you cannot hide a candle under a bushel, but on a candlestick; so that it can give light to all that are in the house. So, despite her simplicity, the world found her out.
On the 21st of October 2019, ELOY informed Florence of her nomination for the young entrepreneur award, alongside four other people. They added that, winning was largely dependent on votes and not favoritism. Till now, she cannot tell who recommended her for nomination.
Criteria For Nomination
To be nominated for ELOY Award for Young Entrepreneur, you must be “a woman under 35 actively running a business. A female entrepreneur who has demonstrated success in her sector through her work, leadership and excellence”.
Other nominees in the category are:
- Precious Eniayekan of Sparkle Global
- Ronke Bamisedun of Brandswelove
- Damilola Solesi of Smid Animation
- Hannah Kabi of Creeds Energy
These women are also making impact in their various Industries. And, they were all celebrated at the ELOY nominee party that held on the 15th November, 2019 at Oriental Hotel, Lagos. Kudos to them all.
About Florence Chikezie
Florence Chikezie is the founder/CEO of ReDahlia, a brand that houses ReDahlia Workspaces, Entrepreneurs.ng and The Business Clinic. More than that, she is a strategy consultant, coach, trainer, writer, editor, author and investor.
Furthermore, Florence is an alumna of Hult International Business School, London. And, she has working experience in several business environments.
Her forte is developing and executing businesses to profitability. This she has achieved with Chotex Nigeria, ReDahlia and Entrepreneurs.ng. This practical knowledge is what she brings to the table when consulting with businesses. She is an adventure seeker and a risk taker.
About ELOY Awards
To begin with, the ELOY (Exquisite Lady of the Year) Awards started in 2009 by Exquisite Magazine. Tewa Onasanya is the publisher of Exquisite Magazine and the organiser of ELOY Award.
According to Tewa Onasanya, “The criteria for the ELOY Awards focuses on the character of the individual, her ability and achievements and how her work impacts the Nigerian and African society, through direct and indirect Leadership, Service, Commitment, Achievement, Integrity and Character”.
In addition, the award centers on celebrating women who have excelled in their various fields; women who are outstanding. And, it holds every year.
ELOY Awards 2019
The 2019 ELOY Award is the 11th edition of its kind. It held on the 13th and 24th of November in Lagos. The event began with ELOY Conference which featured masterclasses, exhibitions and N1m grant to the winner of the business pitch competition.
ELOY Award Night held on Sunday, 24th November 2019 at Lagos Continental Hotel (formally Intercontinental Hotel). The event was organised in partnership with highly acclaimed companies and establishments like: Martini, Zaron, Cocacola, Firstbank, Lasaa, Lush, Aforevo, Silverbird, Accelerate_tv, Spicetvafrica, Lostinlagos, fsdh, TVC, max 102.3fm, EM magazine and bank of industry.
In addition, the event was anchored by Deyemi Okanlawon and Bridget Chigbufue. Another notable figure present at the event was Tonye Cole; the founder of Sahara Group.
Full List of the 2019 ELOY Award Winners
- Florence Chikezie of ReDahlia and Entrepreneurs.ng – ELOY Award for Young Entrepreneur
- Oyinye Okereke of Landra Farms (The Fit Farmer) – ELOY Award for Agriculture
- Julia Onamusi of Jules Lifestyle – ELOY Award for Beauty Entrepreneur
- Adeola Shasanya of Afrotech Girls – ELOY Award for ICT/Technology
- Chisom Ogbummo of The Conversation Cafe – ELOY Award for Social Entrepreneur
- Adesua Etomi for the Movie, Set Up – ELOY Award for Actress
- Ifeyinwa Ugochukwu of Tony Elumelu Foundation – ELOY Award for Corporate Social Responsibility
- Uche Pedro of Bella Naija – ELOY Award for Digital Media Entrepreneur
- Datwarrigirl of Naija FM – ELOY Award for On Air Personality
- Ebele Udoh of Brandbox Africa – ELOY Award for Entrepreneur
- Kemi Lewis of KLS Natural Beauty Bar – ELOY Award for Hairstylist
- Nancy Isime of HIP TV – ELOY Award for TV Personality
- Tola Makinde of McRainbow Foundation – ELOY Award for Humanitarian Services
- Obis Oragwu of Wardrobe Merchant – ELOY Award for Fashion Entrepreneur
- Cynthia Nwadiora (Cee C) – ELOY Award for Influence
- Etimbuk Imuk of Eti Farms Global – ELOY Foundation Award for Enterprise (New Business Grant Winner)
- Bukky George of Health Plus – ELOY Recognition Award for Women in Medicine
Again, a big congratulations to Florence Chikezie!