The Enterprise Development for Women-owned Ventures in Green Energy, an initiative of the Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) is calling for applications for the Green Energy Startup Incubator. This is for women entrepreneurs in Malawi and Nigeria with the idea of renewable and green energy business solutions.
See Also: FCMB Agrictech Epic Pitch 2020 For AgriTech Startups
About The Green Energy Startup Incubator
The Green Energy Startup Incubator is a 12-month program fully funded by the African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF). It will support 70 women involved in renewable and green energy production in two African countries – Malawi and Nigeria.
Generally, the program offers two components to be implemented in two phases one after another:
Startup Incubator; 30 women in each country (60 in total) supported in designing, refining, and launching their renewable and green energy business ideas.
Accelerator; 10 established renewable and green energy women-owned/led ventures (5 from each country) will receive entrepreneurial training and preparation for investment-readiness. The program offers the opportunity of accessing venture finance.
The Startup Incubator is for individuals or teams from Malawi and Nigeria who have an idea for renewable and green energy business solutions to one of the key social and environmental challenges. The program aims to help women turn their renewable and green energy enterprise idea into a product or service that customers want to buy. And, the winning individuals or teams will receive training and support on turning their ideas into reality.
See Also: LabEight Africa Incubator 2020 Program For Entrepreneurs
The green energy startup incubator offers participants the following;
- Incubator modules including pitch training.
- Mentorship support.
- Expert guidance and tailored support to make your business idea a reality.
- Networking and peer learning opportunities with like-minded entrepreneurs.
- And, the best pitches will receive an opportunity to pitch their business idea at the AWIEF Annual Conference (Dec 2-3, 2020; physical + virtual) in Johannesburg, South Africa.
See Also: Green Agribusiness Fund Launch $30,000 Pilot Phase Funding For Young Agripreneurs In Nigeria And Rwanda
To apply, you must meet the following criteria;
- Women over 18 years of age resident in Malawi or Nigeria, and fluent in English
- Business Venture Sector Focus in Renewable & Green Energy Sector including Solar, wind, water (hydro), biomass, biogas, biofuel, and other green energy solutions including concepts for sustainable energy-technologies for cooking.
- Business venture to be incorporated and operated in Malawi or Nigeria
- Program participants committed to working 20+ hours a week on their venture during September and October 2020
- Applicants can apply as individuals or a team with a maximum of 3 members.
The deadline for application for the Green Energy Startup Incubator is August 15, 2020. So, if you meet up the above criteria, apply using this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJfPmm9omLTrol-lX041yFHm1dvmIKVXxX3j_H0t9GNmSZkQ/viewform
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.