The IDEX Fellowship program 2021 is now accepting applications for the January 2021 cohort. This is for social entrepreneurs who are keen on exploring career, and upskilling opportunities in the social impact sector.
IDEX is developing the Next Wave of “Social Intrapreneurs” who will support, lead, and advance the work of socially-focused enterprises around the world. The Fellowship is for any professional from across the globe who wants to deep dive into the social impact sector and make the transition to social enterprise practitioners.
IDEX began operations in 2010, and since then, has welcomed over 300 fellows across the world to work and deeply engage with IDEX’s social enterprise partners; learning how to run and grow socially-focused enterprises.
Today, the IDEX Fellowship caters to an even wider range of applicants coming in with varied educational and professional backgrounds, but with a shared passion to create sustainable social impact.
See Also: Educational Business Ideas To Start Now As An Entrepreneur
About IDEX Fellowship Program 2021
The January 2021 Fellowship Program is a 6-month virtual program (January – June 2021). It is designed to enable different professionals to acquire the tools and resources to operate virtually as well as upskill themselves for a successful career in social entrepreneurship.
Generally, IDEX Fellows come from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds and therefore each fellow will have a unique learning style and may have more or less experience with certain topics that are covered. The program itself is configured to meaningfully work for a mix of professionals at different stages in their careers and allows a level of customisation to suit individual pursuits.
As a result, the initiative is seeking professionals who have a proven track record of leadership and are seeking to use their education and skills to address social and economic challenges for under-served populations.
So, if you are keen on exploring career, specialization, upskilling opportunities in the social impact sector, this is the right opportunity for you.
See Also: 100 Profitable business ideas to start now as an aspiring entrepreneur and investor.
The program highlights includes;
- The program is especially suitable for those looking to equip themselves with the tools and resources to work effectively in a virtual environment. Also, those with a deep desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen the impact.
- Each Fellow will gain access to the online learning labs/ project with 3-4 social enterprises from across the globe/ learning webinars/live community engagement with 300+ alumni/and one-on-one meetings with resident mentors.
- It will also provide support in terms of key theory and practical subject knowledge and understanding how one might begin to align themselves professionally towards pursuing a career in the sector.
- Then, organisations nominating employees have the opportunity to participate as one of the live case challenges where the cohort will work with a senior member or founder to develop real-world solutions to an existing problem statement in your organisation.
As a fellow, some of the benefit include;
- Adding professional credibility while accessing relevant and progressive professional development learning labs covering themes of human-centered design, resource mobilization, communications strategies, and impact assessment.
- Capacity Building Sessions led by subject matter experts who are seasoned professionals and thought leaders in their respective fields.
- Exposure to invaluable professional networks and alumni network opportunities.
- Internationally recognized professional certification in social enterprise.
- Professionally attested experience letters detailing project engagement with four global impact organisations.
- Post fellowship support and a global family for life.
See Also: Enygma Ventures Shift Fund For Entrepreneurs Rebuilding The World – Apply
Tuition And Scholarship Opportunities
The IDEX Fellowship Program tuition is $5950 USD.
However, IDEX also offers partial scholarships on program tuition to a select number of applicants (men and women) to attend the fellowship i.e. the IDEX Scholarship Award. Given the current global pandemic, IDEX has been mindful of its effects on individuals and organisations and has decided not to restrict the number of scholarships it is able to offer in this admission cycle.
The initiative is able to offer IDEX Scholarships from 30% up to 70% on program tuition.
With each succeeding cycle, IDEX has also been reviewing many more applications. As such, it follows the first-come-first-considered approach when reviewing applications.
This means that your chances of acceptance and a greater scholarship award for the fellowship program are higher the sooner you apply and can avail preferred payment plans.
See Also: 2021 Commonwealth Youth Awards For Young People Making Impact
IDEX Fellowship Program 2021 Timeline
- Application Opens – 15th August 2020
- Application Deadline – 15th November 2020
- Fellowship Start Date – 4th January 2021
- Fellowship End Date – 20th June 2021
The deadline for the IDEX Fellowship Program 2021 is 15 November 2020. So, if you are a social intrapreneur looking for real experience coupled with learning, learn more and apply as an individual or organisation using this link; https://www.idexaccelerator.com/idex-app-info
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.