Seedstars and Shell Foundation are now calling for applications for the Energy, Mobility, and Agriculture Innovation Program. This is a program tailored towards finding innovative solutions to support lower-income communities in Africa.
Do you have what it takes to boost your impact on African communities, and make agriculture, mobility, and energy industries more sustainable? Apply now, your ideas can create a change.
See Also: The Bridge Program 2021 Fellowship For Young Nigerians – Apply Now
About The Innovation Program
Seedstars and Shell Foundation have joined forces to look for sustainable, scalable, and innovative solutions towards access to energy, sustainable agriculture, and mobility.
The objective is to support, catalyse, and train early-stage (seed) tech startups. It is for those addressing challenges related to access to energy (household energy, energy for business, energy nexus), sustainable agriculture (value chain innovations improving access to finance, technology, market, or knowledge), or sustainable mobility (safe rural and last-mile mobility for people and goods) in Africa.
See Also: Horizon Legacy Marco Polo 100 Digital Build Challenge For Entrepreneurs And Everyone
To apply, you must meet the following criteria;
- Your startup must have an existing solution with less than 4 years of existence
- Must act within the following sectors: Mobility, Transportation, Energy, & Agriculture
- Must be an early-stage startup (seed stage with an MVP – Minimum Viable Product)
- You must have operations based in Africa
- Must show initial traction and/or be generating revenue
- You must have raised less than $1M USD in investment to date.
See Also: IREX Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program For Young Innovators
If you are among the selected Startups, you will receive access to a 3-month investment-readiness program that includes;
- Investment-readiness training
- Group mentoring based on sector
- One-on-One mentoring with a dedicated expert that has been selected based on individual startup needs
- Identification by the Shell Foundation for potential funding opportunities
- Leverage of the human resources and knowledge available within the pro-bono network of the Shell Foundation
See Also: Sankalp Africa Awards 2021 For Outstanding Entrepreneurs
Innovation Program Timeline
- 19 November 2020 – Launch of Open Call
- 20 December 2020 – Close of applications
- January 2021 – Announcement of selected startups
- Feb – April 2021 – Investment Readiness Program
See Also: FG/TiimAfrica Project Grow 100 For Nigerians ($5,000 Grant)
The deadline for the Seedstars/Shell Foundation Energy, Mobility and Agriculture Innovation Program is December 20, 2020. Can your innovative ideas change the world? Apply here; https://shellfoundationinnovationchallenge.seedstars.com/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.