The International Labour Organisation (ILO) Skills Challenge Innovation Call is open to individuals and organisation to participate in the Skills Mismatch Challenge. This is a call for Innovators to apply and share innovative ideas and solutions that will address different forms of skills mismatch.
See Also: 100 Profitable business ideas to start now for aspiring entrepreneurs and investors.
The aim of the call is to support the achievement of UN Sustainable Development Goals 4 and 8. Therefore, this challenge will fulfill the SDG goal 4 which states; ensure inclusive and equitable quality education, and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all. Also, the Goal 8 which states; promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all. Therefore with this, ILO is enabling new solutions for workforce development that deliver relevant skills for productive employment and decent work.
See Also: Stanbic IBTC Set To Hold Her Annual Youth Leadership Series 2020 Event
The International Labour Organisation (ILO)
The International Labour Organisation was formed in 1919 and became a specialized agency of UN in 1946. ILO is a tripartite U.N agency that brings together governments, employers and workers of 187 countries. It sets labour standards, develops policies and devise programmes that promote decent work for all women and men of the member states.
The main aim of ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Basically, ILO is looking for a global cohort of skills innovators who can rethink skills development and lifelong learning in a way that it builds the preferred future of work. As result, it’s organising this program as a way of finding solution to the skills mismatch challenge.
See Also: Business funding opportunities for aspiring entrepreneurs to grow their businesses.
ILO Skills Challenge Innovation Call
The International Labour Organisation recognises the active role of individuals and organisations in driving innovation and addressing pressing skills challenges. Therefore, this call is for innovators to propose new and practical ideas and solutions that addresses skills mismatch. The innovators are to proffer solutions that are sustainable, scalable and replicable all over the world.
See Also: 15 Investing Apps And Websites For Entrepreneurs In Nigeria
The solutions proposed must have the aim to;
- Enhance the effectiveness of vocational education and training programmes through innovative delivery and assessment partnerships.
- Improve the development and recognition of knowledge, skills and attributes of employees through innovative work based learning initiatives.
- Empower enterprises to better utilise the skills of their workers.
- Improve the training and employment of under-represented groups including migrant and refugees, people with disabilities, young people and women.
- Improve the provision of active labour market programmes through the integrated provision of vocational and job search assistance training and work placement for the unemployed.
- Establish new and innovative multi-stakeholder partnerships to address skills mismatch at the regional, sectoral or local levels.
See Also: Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa Application Is Ongoing
This application is open to individuals or formally constituted organisations which must have existed for at least two years before April 13, 2020. The organisations can include cooperatives, educational institutions, government agencies, NGOs, Civil Society, regional and sectoral bodies, public and private enterprises, and research institution.
The above bodies or individuals can present ideas and solutions at any development stage. The idea can also be at an early stage or a more matured innovation. Also, it can belong to one person or to different groups of people such as governments, employers and workers’ organisations.
At the end, the submitted proposals will be evaluated by a panel of expert, after which winners will receive support to turn the idea into reality. Also, this will cement their role as innovators in skills development.
See Also: Cheap ways to promote your business and gain more customers.
Benefits Of The Skills Challenge Innovation Call
The winning entry will receive substantial support which include;
- Financial support for a maximum of 12 months. It is a grant of $50,000 and will be paid in three installments.
- A six-months access to skills innovation lab where they will get help in creating a prototype of their product and piloting it.
- Worldwide visibility. Awareness to the business idea and the solution proffered through different means. It will also include invitation to global events to present the innovation concept to potential partners and sponsors, press articles in media channels, videos, among others;
- Extended network and partnerships; the winner and shortlisted entries will join the ILO’s Global Network of Skills Innovators. They will have the opportunity to interact with other innovators and share their solutions with ILO’s stakeholders.
See Also: Effects Of Lack Of Sleep For The Entrepreneur And How To Correct It
How It Works
Participating in the skill Challenge Innovation Call is completely free and you can submit your applications and supporting documents in English French, and Spanish.
So, go ahead and develop your proposal. Then, you can send your completed form and supporting documents to email@example.com. After your document has been received by ILO, you will get a confirmation email.
The window for application is currently open, and will close on 13 April 2020 (midnight, Geneva Time). Thereafter, Winners will be announced on 14 May 2020. The Skills Innovation Lab will commence by September 2020 and by September 2021, the piloting of the solution would have been completed.
This opportunity is global and you can read more and apply here.
It’s time to let the world know about your business and the difference you are making. Call us today to tell your story.
Follow us on Instagram for updates