The Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award 2020 and the One Young World is calling for application from young leaders of the world. This is an opportunity to support young leaders behind impactful climate justice initiatives.
See Also: 100 Profitable business ideas to start now for aspiring entrepreneurs and investors.
For the fifth year running, One Young World team up with Mary Robinson to support young leaders behind innovative and impactful climate justice initiatives that are preserving the earth for future generations.
The impact of climate change is not a distant threat, its effects are being felt right now by millions around the world in the form of rising sea levels, extreme weather systems, and devastating droughts. The sorry truth is that those most affected by climate change are those who are least responsible for its causes and least well equipped to withstand its effects. A person living in the US creates 118 times more carbon dioxide emissions than a person living in Nauru but this small Pacific island is one of the nations at risk of disappearing due to rising sea levels.
The situation might sound gloomy but the good news is that there are hundreds of thousands of people and organisations working to tackle climate change and address the global imbalance it is creating. This is the climate justice movement and One Young World is proud to be a part of it through the Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award.
See Also: DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Nutrition; For Entrepreneurs Improving The Agri-Food Value Chain
About The Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award 2020
The Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award was created by One Young World to recognise and support young leaders behind impactful climate justice initiatives that are preserving the earth for future generations.
The award seeks to:
- Identify three young leaders at the forefront of impactful climate justice initiatives.
- Raise awareness of and celebrate their initiatives.
- Directly support their initiatives with grants of up to £4,000.
Benefit Of The Climate Justice Award 2020
Award winners will receive;
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation between 23 – 26 April 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- £4,000 grant funding from One Young World to support your climate justice projects
- Participation in an exclusive mentorship session with Mary Robinson during the Summit
See Also: 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase Series A Calling For Disruptive Scale-Ups Looking To Raise Between $500k to $10M.
To apply as a candidate, you must be:
- Between aged 18 – 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2021.
- Nationals of any country
- Occupy a senior leadership role in a legally registered organisation which undertakes projects related to climate justice.
- Projects must directly address sustainable development/or climate change with a particular emphasis on balancing the needs of future generations – this could be through financing, frontline services, advocacy, education, communication, legal/policy change, or business solution.
- Projects should be clearly associated with one or more of the seven principles of climate justice:
- Respect and protect human rights
- Support the right to development
- Share benefits and burdens equitably
- Ensure that decisions on climate change are participatory, transparent and accountable
- Highlight gender equality and equity
- Harness the transformative power of education for climate stewardship
- Use effective partnerships to secure climate justice
See Also: D4Ag Training Program – Capacity Development For AgTech Start-Ups – Apply Now
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Ambition – how impactful the project is in balancing the needs of present and future generations.
- Relevance – the project is grounded in climate justice.
- Community value – the project applies to a community/ stakeholder group that are directly impacted by climate change or will be more adversely impacted in the future.
Please note: Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. It will not be able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
The deadline for application is 23 July 2020, 9:00 AM (BST). So, if you are a young leader with an impactful justice climate initiative, use this link to apply. https://www.oneyoungworld.com/mary-robinson-climate-justice-award-2020
Let’s create visibility for your business and put it on the world map today. Contact us now to start.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.