SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia) is calling for impact entrepreneurs around the world to find innovative solutions for SDG-related complex development challenges. This is a second global call where startups will work on products and services in the field of financial inclusion in Bangladesh and digital agriculture in Uganda.
Do you want to be a part of the global SDG Impact Accelerator with your startup idea in Financial Inclusion or Digital Agriculture? Apply now.
About SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia)
SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia) is a global accelerator launched by the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UNDP in 2018. And, this is its second global call for impact entrepreneurs worldwide.
SDGia has introduced a novel approach to startup acceleration. Thanks to its convening power for private and public stakeholders, with a specific focus on empowering innovative entrepreneurs who are providing impact at scale for low-income groups, the bottom of the pyramid.
In its first global call, SDGia focused on two of the most pressing issues faced by displaced populations; the lack of sanitation and personal identification. The call attracted applications from 35 countries, during which, new solutions have been found in the field of two grand challenges; “Non-Sewage Portable Toilets” and “Digital ID solutions”. More so, 8 startups have graduated from the program to implement their projects which are currently at their final stage.
Based on the success stories of its alumni and the lessons learned on the first program, SDGia has decided to launch its second program in Bangladesh and Uganda, where vibrant startup ecosystems already exist. The government of Turkey has provided the core funding for the implementation of the SDGia’s second acceleration program that has started in June 2020, in line with its long-standing support for the Least Developed Countries (LDCs).
Basically, this SDGia program in both countries are led by the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UNDP Turkey, and United Nations Technology Bank for LDCs. And, with the support of government institutions and UNDP Country Offices in Uganda and Bangladesh.
The Two Major Focus
The Digital Agriculture Call is addressing the digital agriculture challenge in Uganda focusing on a ‘world with zero hunger’, which requires more productive, efficient, sustainable, inclusive, transparent, and resilient food systems. The general focus of this call is “Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure”. The aim is to build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation in agriculture. With this aspect, the program aims at the urgent transformation of the current agri-food systems with innovative solutions after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Financial Inclusion is targeting the financial inclusion challenge in Bangladesh. Financial inclusion is a critical enabler on many aspects such as eradicating poverty, ending hunger, achieving food security, and promoting sustainable agriculture, leading to profiting health and well-being. It also enhances topics such as achieving gender equality and economic empowerment of women; promoting economic growth and jobs; supporting industry, innovation, and infrastructure. Therefore, an urgent transformation of the current financial system with innovative solutions after the pandemic is the ultimate goal of the program.
This is an open call for teams from all around the world. So,
- Do you have a solution that has the potential to support especially the least developed country (LDC) populations?
- Are you looking for funding to develop your Minimum-Viable-Product (MVP) or improve your existing product?
- Do you have an innovative idea or product you want to launch or scale-up?
- Are you ready to implement or test your solution with the support of local institutions and additional investment?
This is for you.
Some of the benefits attached to the accelerator include;
- Be part of a global network which will support you as you work towards the SDGs and create your impact in the world.
- Receive equity-free grant of $15,000 when you get accepted to the Accelerator Program.
- You’ll receive mentorship from UNDP, UN Technology Bank, governmental institutions financial and technology experts and global investors.
- Also, you’ll receive impact investment at the end of the program if your idea or product is selected for implementation.
SDG Impact Accelerator 2021 Timeline
- Pre-Accelerator Program: Feb 11 – Mar 12, 2021
- Accelerator Program: 4 April – 17 May 2021
- Implementation: June – October 2021
The application deadline for both calls is January 22, 2021, 23:59 (GMT +3). So, if you find interest, apply now using this link; https://www.sdgia.org/apply/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.