The Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC) 2020 is calling for application from social entrepreneurs in Africa. This is an opportunity to scale up your impactful business and join an aspiring community.
The SIBC began in 2017, and since then, has supported nearly 150 entrepreneurs with a strong societal impact in Africa. They have provided support to entrepreneurs in their transition to scale-up. They help them measure their social performance and prepare them for fundraising.
It is committed first and foremost to supporting young entrepreneurs in this time of crisis by providing them with the necessary management and reflection tools. So, each entrepreneur who validates their application will thus have access to a Covid-19 business survival toolkit developed with AMI, a partner of the SIBC. They will be able to interact during a collaborative webinar, to access management tools on the AMI platform for 2 months and thus joining a community of highly skilled peers to support them during this uncertain period.
What You Get From Social & Inclusive Business Camp 2020
The SIBC is a blended-learning support program which includes:
- 4 months of remote coaching on a dedicated online platform offering training courses and interactive virtual classes hosted by international mentors.
- 1 tailored mentoring program for each entrepreneur
- 1 week of intensive boot camp in Marseille in partnership with the EMERGING Valley Summit.
- Being part of an active and ambitious international community.
Key Learning Units
Leadership: defining better your purpose and mission, structuring your governance, and organizing your teams for successful growth.
Scale up: adapting your business model and building your scale up strategy to maximize your impact and create a worldwide network of partners and growth drivers.
Investment Readiness: identifying your financing needs, understanding investor expectations, and preparing to raise funds.
Impact: measure your social impact, with regard to the Sustainable Development Goals.
To be able to register for the Social & Inclusive Business Camp 2020:
- You should be a legally registered social enterprise with a minimum of 3 years of activity and turnover.
- Should provide evidence of a positive societal impact in Africa and an innovative approach.
- Provide evidence of a balanced business model or a medium-term profitability objective.
- Provide a strategy for scaling up, including a reflection on governance and leadership.
If you fall within the category below, you are not eligible to participate.
- Individual applications
- Non-profit organisations without a business model or profitability objective.
- Public and para-public bodies.
The application submission ends on July 15, 2020.
After which, applications will be processed and a selection of 60 participants will be made by the SIBC selection committee on July 31, 2020
Then, e-learning training on SIBC digital platform, mentoring program, and integration into the SIBC learning community starts in September 2020. This will be followed by a one-week intensive boot camp in Marseille and participation to the EMERGING Valley Summit Early in December 2020
How To Apply For The Social & Inclusive Business Camp 2020
You can apply for the business camp on the Digital Africa Platform with the following;
- Completion of an application (There will be questions on the project leader, the company, its structure, its impact, and its strategy for scaling up).
- Proof of the legal registration of the company (registration document, articles of association, etc.)
- Financial statements for the last 3 years.
- Detailed CV of the project leader.
The deadline for application submission is July 15, 2020. So, if you are a social entrepreneur willing to scale up your business, click here to apply.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.