Are you an entrepreneur with an idea that will help solve societal and environmental problems? Then apply to the Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge and stand a chance to win $10,000 among other amazing prizes!
The Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge is a program that was created to help inspire young entrepreneurs to take strong action to help save the environment and help develop society. The program aims to create a lasting impact on the world by fueling social entrepreneurs to create a lasting impact in the world with innovative business solutions.
Social entrepreneurship is a branch of entrepreneurship that aims to bring about positive change in society. It is a form of entrepreneurship that has been described as “entrepreneurship with a purpose”. And Social Shifters has said that it wants to create the next generation of social entrepreneurs by stimulating them with this opportunity. Here are a few reasons why you should participate in this challenge:
Why You Should Participate
Everyone who enters receives a package of FREE startup support and mentoring to develop their idea.
The first 500 applicants will receive a VIP ticket to the Social Enterprise World Forum 2021.
The best idea solutions will compete for cash prizes and funding pots of up to $10,000!
Finalists will receive global recognition and exposure at the Social Enterprise World Forum 27-29 Sept 2021.
You stand a better chance of being selected as a finalist if your ideas are around the following areas of focus:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Production and Consumption
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships For The Goals
- Anyone between the ages of 18-30 years has an idea that can better society.
- Individuals or a team (up to 5 members).
- Team participation is strongly encouraged.
- Individuals or teams that have a business solution to an environmental or social issue.
- Non-profits or for-profit organisations can apply.
- Business applying must be at an early stage (less than one-year-old with no significant funding in place).
Applications will be judged using the following criteria:
- Impact: Will the business idea solve an important social or environmental problem?
- Innovative: Is the idea insightful, and potentially a breakthrough solution to the problem?
- Feasible: Could the idea be implemented with financial and mentoring support?
- Scalable: Does this idea have the potential to be expanded on a larger scale?
What You Stand To Win
- A selection of $10,000 cash prizes are on offer for the best ideas PLUS a package of mentoring and other support.
- There are prizes for runners up too, and all shortlisted ideas get opportunities for global recognition and media publicity.
How To Apply
The application portal is now open for pre-registration and you can access it by clicking on this link.