The Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards 2021 is now open to applications for another edition. It is open for nomination and application from people with innovations that support the advancement of the SDGs.
This award recognizes and celebrates the contributions that innovators in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors are making in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals in Commonwealth countries.
Do you fit into this category or know someone who does? Apply or nominate now.
Innovation For Sustainable Development Awards 2021 Key Objectives
The aim of the award includes to;
- Identify, highlight, and support the innovations that show demonstrable potential for advancing sustainable development in Commonwealth countries.
- Help create an environment that will encourage and sustain funding, mentoring, and support to scale up innovations led by governments, businesses, women, young people, and not-for-profit organisations across the Commonwealth.
- Showcase the depth and breadth of innovation potential, grit, determination, and creativity that exists across the commonwealth.
- Inspire, encourage, and challenge Commonwealth citizens to develop innovations that will make a positive difference to their communities, countries, and the Commonwealth.
How It Works
There will be three awards in each of the following five categories;
- Improve the well-being of Commonwealth PEOPLE
- Improve PROSPERITY in the Commonwealth
- Protect the PLANET and the natural environment in the Commonwealth
- Promote PEACE and justice in the Commonwealth
- Promote PARTNERSHIPS for development in the Commonwealth.
Generally, there will be three award winners in each of the five categories, with a total sum of 15 winners. In each of the five categories, one winner will be selected from the public sector (national/regional/local government), one winner will be from civil society/not-for-profit sector and one winner will be an entrepreneur or a private sector company.
Each award winner will receive a trophy, a certificate and prize money of £3,000. Award winners will receive ongoing support for their work. They may also be invited to participate in high-level forums such as the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, Commonwealth Business Forum, and Commonwealth Games.
To participate, your nominees can be;
- Individuals, groups or teams, organisations, companies, charities, or government ministries/departments/agencies
- Must be directly engaged in developing their innovations, either in a full-time, part-time, or voluntary capacity.
- Must be Commonwealth citizens, governments or public sector organisations in Commonwealth countries, private enterprises based in Commonwealth countries, or civil society/not-for-profit organisations based in Commonwealth counties
- Your innovations must be able to demonstrate impact or potential in achieving progress on one or more of the 17 SDGs in a Commonwealth country (or countries).
- You must be willing to take part in Commonwealth-supported activities and initiatives related to the Commonwealth Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards.
Innovation For Sustainable Development Awards 2021 Selection Criteria
The winners selection will be an independent and eminent panel of judges appraising the nominees on;
- Level of achievement, impact or demonstrable potential of innovation to advance sustainable development in one or more Commonwealth countries; strategy, business/delivery plan, and impact evaluation/results measurement framework
- Level of innovation/fresh approaches to problem-solving
- Quality of achievement and impact
- Quality of the evidence and supporting documentation provided
The deadline for applications and nominations for the Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards 2021 is January 31, 2021. So, if you know anyone or you fit into the criteria, you can register using this link; https://www.thecommonwealth.io/awards/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.