The Thrive Africa Challenge 2020 for innovative early-stage African startups is open to applications. This is a program that aims to solve problems in the African Agrifood industry. So, if you operate in the agribusiness and agritech sector, this is for you.
The Thrive Africa Challenge solves the problem of the African agrifood industry, accelerates the development of the ecosystem, and selects the best startups and scale-ups for investment and global recognition.
See Also: Hackaholics 2.0 – Wema Bank Hackathon Program 2020 For Developers
To apply, your business should be in seed to Series A stage with technologies focused in the following;
- Food safety
- Indoor farming
- Farm Management
- Sensing and IoT
- Animal Health and Livestock
- Robotics & Automation
- Innovative Food (Ingredient Innovation)
- Big Data and Predictive Analytics
- Supply Chain, Management, and Traceability
- Packaging & Freshness Solutions
See Also: Itanna Accelerator Programme 2020 For Early-Stage Tech-Enabled Startup
Majorly, the winning company will;
- Receive the Thrive Africa Challenge Award and advance to the finals of the Global Thrive Accelerator Program with an opportunity to be selected for the THRIVE VII Cohort in Silicon Valley, CA
- Also, the Thrive Africa Challenge Recognition Award
- Silicon Valley Startup Bootcamp (Summer 2021) for max. 2 founders, conducted by THRIVE (US$ 15k value total, including travel, food, and accommodations).
- Invitation to pitch at the THRIVE VII Accelerator Finals. And, selected companies will receive investment and the opportunity to pitch at THRIVE|Forbes Demo Day 2021 in Salinas, CA, USA
- Then, recognition by SVG Thrive.
Benefits For Entrepreneurs
As an entrepreneur, you will enjoy the following benefits;
- You’ll receive exposure to local & international investors and organisations.
- Acceleration and attraction of the agri-food innovation ecosystem to the continent. And bringing together key organisations.
- The winning company qualifies for the finals of the THRIVE Accelerator program
- And, announcements in THRIVE social media, website, and newsletter.
See Also: Udacity/Bertelsmann Technology Scholarship Program To Learn Tech Skills
The deadline for application for the Thrive Africa Challenge 2020 is November 20, 2020. If you have an interest in the Thrive Africa Global Initiative program, you can apply using this link; https://thriveagrifood.com/africa-challenge/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.