The Global Giving Accelerator is calling for application for the 2020 Giving Season Accelerator. This is an avenue to receive training and support so you can build your strategy. The initiative is a crowdfunding campaign where you can earn the funding you need, rewards, and global recognition to celebrate your success.
See Also: Enygma Ventures Shift Fund For Entrepreneurs Rebuilding The World – Apply Now
About GlobalGiving Accelerator
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is an opportunity for you and your organisation to build skills, access tools, and grow your base of supporters to achieve crowdfunding success. First, when you graduate, your organisation becomes a permanent member of Global Giving, and you will have access to all the tools, training, and one-on-one support available in the GlobalGiving community.
How The 2020 Giving Season Accelerator Works
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is a virtual training program and crowdfunding campaign that will help you take your fundraising to the next level. After an optional one-week training curriculum, you will be entered into an Accelerator campaign where you will raise at least $5,000 total from a minimum of 40 different donors in order to graduate and secure a permanent fundraising spot on the GlobalGiving platform.
Generally, any registered nonprofit (anywhere in the world) is eligible to apply.
The initiative will support you as you reach out to your own networks, and tell your story in new and compelling ways. Donors can give in USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, and AUD, helping you reach your supporters in the US, the UK, and beyond. Also, it will also provide matching incentives for your donors and bonus prizes for the most successful participants.
See Also: 2021 Commonwealth Youth Awards For Young People Making Impact
Training Topics Include;
Some of the lessons to take are;
- Crowdfunding 101;
- Mapping your potential donor network;
- Storytelling and email appeals; and
- Creating SMART goals.
Global Giving will provide $30,000+ in matching funding and bonus prizes for participating organisations.
See Also: Educational Business Ideas To Start Now As An Entrepreneur
Benefits For Graduates
Organisations that successfully complete the GlobalGiving Accelerator Oraby raising at least $5,000 total from a minimum 40 different donors will earn:
- Permanent membership in the GlobalGiving community, including ongoing opportunities to attract new corporate and individual donors.
- Inclusion in a GlobalGiving press release announcing the Accelerator graduates (example).
- A custom media kit to help promote your accomplishment.
- A certificate of completion from GlobalGiving
- Additional promotional opportunities, including through GlobalGiving’s social media or homepage, for top-performers
Also, you have the opportunity to Win Extra Funding from GlobalGiving in terms of;
- Bonus Day: During the 24-hour Bonus Day, all Accelerator participants will compete for a share of GlobalGiving’s $20,000 Incentive Fund and two $1000 bonus prizes. The more you raise a Bonus Day, the more you win of the Incentive Fund.
- Overall Prizes: At the end of the Accelerator, prizes will be awarded to the top three organisations in the following categories: Most Funds Raised, Most Unique Donors, and Most Recurring/Monthly Donors.
- Recurring/Monthly Donor Incentives: You will receive more information on how to win extra funding during the accelerator after your application has been approved.
See Also: IKapture Award 2020 For 25 Under 25 Young Leaders Changing The game in Nigeria
2020 Giving Season Accelerator Timeline
- Oct. 16, 2020 – Application submission deadline.
- Nov. 6, 2020 – Notification by the Vetting Team on your application status.
- Nov. 16 – 19, 2020 Free, virtual training program.
- Nov. 20, 2020 Project submission deadline.
- Dec. 1, 2020 GivingTuesday and the Accelerator campaign begin.
- Dec.31, 2020 Accelerator crowdfunding campaign ends.
The deadline for entry to the 2020 Giving Season Accelerator is October 16, 2020. If you meet up the eligibility criteria and you are looking to do fundraising, this is for you. More so, Global Giving accepts applications at any time. So you can apply, using this link; https://www.globalgiving.org/accelerator/
Let’s create visibility for your brand and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice for our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Follow us on Instagram to keep track of our activities.