The eFounders Fellowship Class 9 has announced the call for applications for its program. The call is to founders/co-founders of digital ventures from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, and South Africa.
This is an opportunity to learn the key factors in Alibaba’s long term success story and defining moments that have shaped business. Also, with this program, you can connect with like-minded entrepreneurs in your region.
Therefore, if you are a founder/co-founder in any of the listed countries, this is for you.
See Also: Apply For The World Food Programme, WFP Innovation Accelerator Cohort II
The eFounders Fellowship Program
The initiative came when Jack Ma, Executive Chairman of Alibaba Group and former Special Advisor to United Nations conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) recognized that fellows can effect change in their home countries by applying ideas from China’s most innovative business to their ventures.
As a result, Alibaba Business School and UNCTAD established the eFounders Fellowship Program in 2017 as a way of implementing Sustainable Development Goals for 2030
Basically, it aims to find and empower local entrepreneurs who can leverage Alibaba’s experience in China. It is a community of passionate and successful “Champions for the New Economy” looking to inspire and create a more inclusive development model for all.
See Also: The Perfect Business Pitch – Tips On Delivering A Perfect Business pitch
What To Expect In The eFounders Fellowship Class 9
The program will provide participants with first-hand exposure to eCommerce and digital innovations and access to business leaders across Alibaba and China. Also, it will provide participants with opportunity to connect with like-minded, leading entrepreneurs in their region.
However, participating in the eFounders Fellowship Program does not guarantee a partnership with Alibaba, neither does it promise investment from Alibaba.
Majorly, you will learn the key factors in Alibaba’s long-term success. Also, learn defining moments and failures that have shaped Alibaba’s journey (including early stages of development). Then, you’ll get an understanding of Alibaba’s ecosystem.
See Also: United Nations Young Champions Of The Earth 2020 Application Is Ongoing – Apply Now
Who Should Apply
- Authentic, open-minded and altruistic leaders of the ‘new economy’.
- Entrepreneurs building enterprises for long-term success, not just for short-term profit.
- Mission-driven entrepreneurs who have a strong sense of purpose, integrity, vision, and drive.
- Entrepreneurs willing to learn and share their experiences and ideas.
See Also: Apply For The IDEX Fellowship Program 2020 For Young Social Intrapreneurs Across The Globe
Eligibility Criteria For eFounders Fellowship Class 9
The eFounders Fellowship Class 9 will consider the application from the following people;
- Full-time founder or co-founder of an officially registered digital venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years.
- Venture must be headquatered, located in or operates in one of the following countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, South Africa.
- You must provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer/eFounders Fellow are preferred).
- You must provide your official business license when requested during the application process
Most importantly, entrepreneurs below 35 years old, female entrepreneurs, and target country locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
See Also: Africa Food Prize 2020 Nominations Now Open – Nominate Your Candidate
The eFounders Fellowship program will cover the following;
- Hotel accommodation (shared room)
- Training materials and training session costs
- Field trips and site visit transportation costs
- Small daily living allowance of 30 RMB/day
However, it will not cover
- Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China.
- Single hotel room requests (if you want to stay in a single room, you will have to cover the full cost yourself)
- Additional food or personal expenses.
see Also: Effects Of Lack Of Sleep For The Entrepreneur And How To Correct It
The application for the eFounders Fellowship Class 9 is ongoing and will close on March 27, 2020. After which the class will run from 7th – 17th June 2020. To read more and click here.
Are you an entrepreneur creating a change in your industry? Entrepreneurs.ng can tell your story, contact us today
Image Credit: Instagram