Do you want to be the next Obama Foundation Scholar? Apply now to the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2021 – 2022. This is a fully-funded leadership development program for rising leaders from the US and people around the world.
When you join, you’ll have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge, skills, build new capacities, and accelerate impact in your community. So, nominate someone now or apply for yourself.
About Obama Foundation Scholars Program
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University is a full-time, fully-funded leadership development program. It brings together rising leaders from the United States and around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions. During the course of an academic year at Columbia University; Obama Foundation Scholars will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and skills. Also, they’ll have the opportunity to build new capacities and networks to accelerate their impact in their home countries.
And, upon completion of the program, Obama Foundation Scholars, empowered by their experience, will return to the regions where they have been working and continue along a path of service.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University is seeking rising leaders from the United States and around the world. To apply, you must meet the following criteria;
- Be an emerging leader with meaningful contributions in the field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in your career.
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region, or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to your communities after the completion of the program. And, apply your enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities.
- You are fluent in English (verbal, written, and spoken)
- You have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of your community
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination, and teamwork.
Since 2018, the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University has welcomed:
- 34 rising leaders from 29 countries who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions.
- It is for Scholars who were, on average, 35 years of age, with ages ranging from 25 to 45
- Emerging institutional and movement leaders addressing a range of challenges, including strengthening governance, increasing access to high-quality healthcare, environmental sustainability, and promoting women’s rights, and ending gender-based violence.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Nominations
You can nominate and write about the candidate you are nominating. When you submit the form, an automated email will be sent to the person you are nominating to provide the nominee with more information about the program. Also, you will receive an invite to complete an online application.
To nominate, take note of the following;
- Nominating a candidate does not increase their chances of being selected for the program and multiple nominations of the same candidate will not increase their chances of being accepted.
- Applicants do not have to be nominated to apply.
- You may complete the form more than once if you know more than one candidate who meets the eligibility requirements.
- Please do not nominate yourself. If you are interested in being considered for the program, please complete and submit an application instead.
- You are not eligible to apply if you are running for public office during the program year.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University applications and nominations for the 2021-2022 program will close on February 5, 2021, at 5:00 pm ET. Do you want to be an Obama Foundation Scholar or know anyone who qualifies? Apply now or nominate using this link; https://worldprojects.columbia.edu/application-information
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.