Technovation is inviting teams of young people from all over the world to apply for the Technovation Girls 2021. This is a program where Girls can learn and apply all the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology.
It is an initiative from a team of entrepreneurs, mentors, and educators looking to teach girls everywhere the skills they need to change the world with technology.
So, if you fit in, apply now and join to lead a change.
About Technovation Girls 2021
Technovation Girls is a free technology-based program for girls ages 10 – 18. By working in teams (of 1 to 5), girls find a problem in their community and build a mobile app to help solve it. Also, along the way, they develop their collaboration, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
Basically, the program will take 30+ hours to complete (we recommend allocating about 12 weeks to finish) and it’s completely free.
The mission of this initiative is to reach and welcome students and mentors who may not otherwise be able to learn and build technology due to racial, economic, social, and cultural barriers and discrimination. The programs run in over 100 countries with historical and existing biases against women and other underrepresented genders, in particular.
Additionally, Technovation Girls is proud to provide girls and students with identity-reaffirming role models so they can see themselves in technology careers.
Eligibility Criteria For Students
Any girl or young woman (ages 10 – 18) with an interest in Technovation Girls is eligible to participate. Also, the initiative welcomes all transgender people and those who identify as non-binary or gender nonconforming and want to be part of a female-identified environment, including student participants.
To join in the competition, a girl must create or join a team on the online platform, have a parent/guardian sign the consent form, and meet the following Student Participation criteria;
- You must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2021.
- Must identify as female, trans, nonbinary, or gender nonconforming. Students who are assigned male at birth and self-identify as a male cannot enter the competition.
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Students can only join 1 team. There is no limit on the number of mentors per team.
- Any girl or young woman (ages 10 – 18) with an interest in Technovation Girls is eligible to apply. Competition Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team.
- As a student, you can participate in Technovation Girls for multiple seasons until you reach the age of 18.
- Students can work with the same team members and mentors, but they cannot submit the materials to competition over multiple years.
- Teams can explore the same problem, but the app prototype must be different each year.
The deadline for submission for the Technovation Girls 2021 is April 19, 2021. So, if you fit in, you can learn more and apply using this link; https://technovationchallenge.org/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.