The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic has brought about a disruption to education and trainings on the African continent. As a result, the African Union (AU) is calling for applications from educational entrepreneurs to apply for the Innovating Education in Africa 2021.
See More: Apply: AfDB Female Business Enablers Funding Program
Innovating Education in Africa was established in 2018 by the African Union to help find groundbreaking ideas in education on the African continent, and to find solutions to the dire problems that abound in the educational sector in Africa.
The 2021 edition of the Innovating Education In Africa program is geared at finding solutions that will help ameliorate the disruptions that the pandemic has caused to the educational sector in Africa. If you have an idea that you think can help in that regard, then you should apply to the program.
See More: Pangea Scale-Up Accelerator For African Start-up
Successful applicants will benefit from one or more of the following:
- Receive grants of up to 100,000 USD to implement pilot projects in collaboration with AU Member States.
- Promotion and publicity of Innovation to AU Member States and Development Partners, including publication in the Africa Education Innovations Handbook 2021 and future invitation to participate in AU events and programs.
- Certificate of recognition from the African Union Commissioner for Education, Science, Technology and Innovation.
See More: International Breweries Foundation Kickstart Entrepreneurship Program For Young Nigerians
Who Can Apply?
Applications will be accepted from AU Member State citizens who lead an organisation that meets the following criteria:
- Implementing or piloting an education innovation in one or more AU Member States;
- Legally registered and operational for not less than 1 year;
- Directly responsible for the implementation and management of the innovation, i.e., not acting as an intermediary;
- Should not have been a previous grant recipient under Innovating Education in Africa.
See More: Social And Inclusive Business Camp For Young Africans
How To Apply?
Submissions should be made online in English or French at www.edu-au.org/submit-innovation, with the following information:
- Brief statement of the problem you are trying to solve (100 words).
- Describe your innovation, specifically how it functions and the implementation approach (500 words).
- Justification of how the innovation can be implemented on a large scale sustainably, given the prevalent challenges in the African context (250 words).
- The number of people that have already used the innovation.
- Legal documentation of business registration and operation.
- Video demonstration of your innovation (optional).
See More: Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge: Apply For A Chance To Win $10,000
- Deadline for submissions: 25th June 2021 by 23:00