Robert Peters is a multi-award-winning actor, movie producer, director, cinematographer, and voice-over artist. He is the co-owner of Whitestone Pictures LLC, a film production studio and equipment provider company in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
See Also: Femi Odugbemi: biography and career journey of a documentary filmmaker
Robert. O. Peters Background
Robert Oyimemise Peters was born on the 6th of June 1973, in Sabon Gari, Kaduna State, Nigeria, as the second child of his parents’ eight children. He was born to Lawrence Adagba and Comfort Peters of Afemai descent in Ososo, Akoko Edo local government, Edo State.
Robert Peters had his early education at St. Gregory Primary School, Kaduna. He bagged a degree in Geology and Mining from the University of Jos, Nigeria. In 2004, Mr Peters did a course in Visual Storytelling at New York Academy.
He also went for training on Red cameras and equipment with REDucation and an on the job training with the Film Career Connection in Atlanta.
Robert Peters is married to Deborah Peters, and they are blessed with a child, Zachary Lawrence Onafa-Orafa Peters.
See Also: Success story of the founder of Wale Adenuga Productions
Robert. O. Peters Career
Robert Peters commenced his career in the Nigerian entertainment industry in 1998, as an actor in the movie, Mama Sunday. His performance in the movie earned him a role in a TV series, Everyday People produced by Tajudeen Adepetu in 2002.
Robert Peters started working as a cinematographer and film editor in 2006. As a cinematographer and film editor, Peters has worked on several African-American Productions.
Within 10 years, he had worked with several Hollywood and Nollywood filmmakers including, Vivica A. Fox, Lynn Witfield, Eric Roberts, Karlie Redd, Paul Campbell, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Neville Sajere, Ayo Makun, Ramsey Nuoah, Desmond Elliott, Majid Michel, Jim Iyke, Chris Attoh, Funke Akindele, Oc Ukeje, Jeta Amata, Van Vicker, Nse Ikpe Etim, Lisa Raye McCoy, Mercy Johnson, Stella Damasus, James Michael Costello, Sulehk Sunman, Yvonne Okoro, Carl Anthony Payne, Joseph Benjamin and Tangi Miller.
See Also: Biography and career journey of Dolapo Adeleke, an acclaimed filmmaker
In 2017, Guinness Book of Records named 30 Days in Atlanta as one of the films with the highest domestic gross spanning across Bollywood, Nollywood, and Hollywood. It was listed alongside Bollywood’s PK and Hollywood’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
2009 – 2016
- Black November – 2009
- Le Silence Pure – 2011
- Black Money – 2012
- Reflections – 2012
- Refugees – 2013
- Shrink Wrap – 2013
- Faces of Love – 2013
- Lies Men Tell 1 and 2 – 2013
- When One Door Closes – 2013
- 30 Days in Atlanta – 2014
- Knocking on Heaven’s Door – 2014
- Affairs of the Heart – 2015
- Carpe Diem – 2015
- The Dowry Man – 2015
- Shades of Attraction – 2015
- Closure – 2016
- Lagos Blues – 2016
- A Trip To Jamaica – 2016
See Also: Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen: biography and career of De Guvnor
2017 – 2020
- 10 Days in Suncity – 2017
- Esohe – 2017
- Unveil – 2017
- Boxing Day: A Day After Christmas – 2017
- A Surprise Mission – 2017
- Hell’s Fury – 2017
- Caller 25 – 2017
- De’ Adura – 2018
- Make Room – 2018
- Lone Star Deception – 2018
- Shades of Attraction – 2018
- Zero Hour – 2019
- Unbreakable – 2019
- Coming From Insanity – 2019
- Special Jollof – 2020
- Thirty Pieces of Silver – 2020
- Mugabe – 2020
- A Place in The Dark – 2020
- Small Chops – 2020
See Also: Muyiwa Ademola: biography, career, and movies of MUY Authentic
Robert Peters Quotes
“Be true to yourself… And be useful to the journey. Busyness does not mean effectiveness. Things don’t end wrong… But starts wrong.”
“The problem with Nigeria is not corruption but wickedness… there’s corruption everywhere in the world. Wickedness is when you take money from your country to strengthen another economy…and your people lack basic amenities and live in abject poverty.”
“Indecision is like a stepchild: if he does not wash his hands, he is called dirty, if he does, he is wasting water.”
“Ultimately we are defined as homosapiens by the way we love… Love is the greatest… Let’s live great!”
“I approach every job as the last thing I’ll do on earth…”
“You make a living by what you get… But you make a life by what you give.”
See Also: Biola Alabi – biography, awards, and career of a Nigerian media entrepreneur
Robert Peters Awards And Nominations
- Best Cinematography at the NAFCA Awards – 2010
- NAFCA Awards named honoured his movie Silence Total as the Best Cinematography – 2012
- Best Director at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) – 2013
- Affairs of the heart won Best Film at the Nafca Awards – 2015
- Best Film at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) – 2015
- Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) named him Best Director – 2015
- Best Comedy at the Best of Nollywood Awards (BON) – 2015
- African Academy Movie Awards (AMAA) named 30 Days In Atlanta as the Best Comedy – 2015
- Best Comedy at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) – 2015
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards (AMVCA) nominee for Best Cinematography – 2016
- Nominee for Best film made by African Living Abroad at the African Academy Movie Awards (AMAA) – 2016
- Award for Excellence and Leadership by the Queen of Nollywood Awards – 2016
See Also: Gloria Bamiloye: the biography of Mount Zion Drama ministry co-founder.
- Best Director at the Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards (AMVCA) – 2017
- Excellence and Leadership Awards by the UM Magazine Africa – 2017
- Certificate of Achievement at the African Film Festival – 2018
- Recipient of Diamond Special Recognition Award – 2019
You Need Skills
Robert Peters knew his passion was to make movies. So, after he completed his undergraduate studies, he went on to acquire the skills he needed to make good videos. After acquiring this skill, Peters commercialised his skill and today, he’s one of the respected filmmakers across the globe.
See Also: Tope Oshin: biography and career journey of an ace film director.
As an entrepreneur, you need to be skilled in what you do. Once you’re skilled, the next step is to learn how to commercialise your skill. We live in a competitive society that’s evolving by the minute. You need to be on top of your game to remain relevant.
Our goal at Entrepreneurs.ng is the showcase entrepreneurs who are making leaps across different industries. Are you one of such entrepreneurs? Hit us up.
Image Credit: @robertopeters – Instagram